Friday, February 27, 2009

An Interview With A Warlock

So apparently I've been tagged yet again by the lovely Miss Syrana. Being that it's friday and we didn't take down any new bosses in Naxx last night (though we did clear all of the arachnid wing, Noth, and Patchwerk in sort of ADD boss style), I figured we can go random off topic today. Just for the record, I'm going to be semi-in-character (I'm not normally an RP author, but this should be fun and I do love me some creative writing).

1. What is your name, and where did it come from?
Fulguralis. It's latin. Look it up. Apparently my creator enjoys naming things in Latin which is why the cute Death Knight's called Decedereful. Why Latin? Well, apparently he's Catholic too and Latin is kind of a thing with those types. *Shrugs*

2. How old are you, and what is your birthday?
What does age matter? Do people actually keep track of such things? I summoned my first Imp many seasons ago. 13 seasons to be precise. What a pain in the ass he turned out to be. The succubus was fun though... *Focus drifts*

3. Are you in love, and with whom?
Love is for the weak. I lust for firey passion, but my unfortunate Paladin companion usually thwarts my plans. I just haven't found a way to get her out of her armor yet... you know, so I can kill her. *Shifty eyes*

4. What is your favorite mount, and why?
My Dreadsteed. Is there a more impressive mount in all of Azeroth? I think not. *Crosses arms*

5. Do you prefer a certian type of Azerothonian meal, and where do you get it from? Take out, or dine in?
The Paladin cooks for me, and I don't complain. If it makes me stronger, I'll eat it. Lately its been a lot of roasted worg meat, which is fine since I prefer meat over any of that leafy crap any day. Don't even get me started on tasty cupcakes. I'd rather have a bad clam than any of that crap. *Grimaces*

6. You know those giant mushrooms in Zangarmarsh? What is your theory on how they came to be, and why they are so huge?
Who the hell cares? *Waves a hand* What we should be concerned about is all these sodding Death Knights. I can't tell whether to be attracted to them or repulsed. What? One can't help admire the way they spread their diseases around. All that plate armor though? Reminds me of the Paladin...

7. If you saw the Lich King walking towards you, what would you do?
*Eyes light up* I would attempt to corrupt him. If that should fail, I will siphon his life while I come up with another plan. My plans rarely fail, however. *Scratches Chin* Perhaps being so cold, he might be especially susceptible to a Shadowflame.

8. (Dav added this one) Be honest, how many times have you used the Grizzly Hills outhouse without any real reason?
Never. I have minions for entertainment. Ever see a constipated Imp? *Evil Cackle*

9. (Sideshow and Syrana’s) Would you steal ice cream from a Human child?
*Frowns in thought* Will the ice cream increase my haste or spellpower? If so, then without hesitation, for what does the child need of those things? Perhaps an ice cream would have mana regenerative properties, though, being more akin to a liquid. In that case, no, I'll just "borrow" from my minion... or cut myself. That'd be preferable to a sticky sweet ice cream.

10. (Mine) If you could enslave anything in Azeroth, what would it be?
Alexstrasza, for just a couple hours *Goofy grin*. I hope she didn't hear that just now. *Looks nervously to the sky*

Okay, that's that. Hope you enjoyed it. As part of my tagging, I'm totally taking a cop-out and tagging Fuubaar, because its funny to tag your own blog. Plus, I think she'll enjoy doing this and then she can pick some blogs to spotlight maybe.

9 comments:

  1. In annos septemos latinam linguam studebam - et omnes dedidici. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never said I was good at it, but are you trying to tell me you've studied it for the last seven years in a manner that consumes your soul? (Okay I made up the consumes the soul part, but it sounds cool).

    I can sorta kinda make sense of things but lord don't ask me to conjugate any of it. Latin is seriously messed up, but, to me, its the most magical language out there. Seems like most magic spells in books and such are very latin based (i.e. Harry Potter anyone?).

    Also, Catholics love their Latin, though I didn't go to Catholic school so I don't have any formal training in it. It just comes up from time to time and I've always found the language to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your translation better. No, I studied latin for seven years - it was my major during my undergraduate. Aaaaand I've forgotten most of it. Vocab was always the hardest part for me, but I was good with the grammar. And having been a latin geek, I love Harry potter. Aaaaand I find it really sad that I took latin for so long, and didnt recognize that your characters' names were latin. Sigh.

    I wanted to be the coolest Latin teacher ever (back before I actually started tutoring those hellish high schoolers and changed my mind), so I even got a catullus tattoo on my back, mwahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I started to type a response, but maybe I'll make a "naming your character" post. Different people like to do different things and it could generate some good response... Look for that next week or this weekend depending on how much time I get.

    @Jess I wish I could say "might as well be a bullseye" in Latin, but that would be inappropriate, especially if people didn't know we raid together a bit and have such randomly suggestive conversations all the time. Besides, I'm sure Darf would not approve and Fuu might make me sleep on the couch. "That's what she said". Wow, inside raid team jokes in comments FTW. I'm sure glad I didn't type all this out and post it ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, sure, I went and looked up the two names before I read that last comment that you 'disguised' them. So I'm thinking what I found is not so .... accurate anymore. :P

    That was fun to read, btw, AND I really hope Fuu posts hers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and the short version of the post is that I disguise the latin in my names with strange conjugations. Fulguralis is off fulgeo and Decedereful is off Decessor. More of an explanation does a post make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There, for you, Syrana, I moved the last comment to the end... that and the last sentence was atrocious and offended me personally, so I had to fix it.

    ReplyDelete