Saturday, January 10, 2009

Achievements: Evil or Glorious

Well as you all know, Fulguralis & I hit 80 a while ago. We are patiently waiting for our guild to catch up. I have made sure that the moment someone says, “Who wants to run [insert Heroic here]?” I can reply, “Ow Ow Pick me!” I am currently at my Defense cap for Heroics and currently working on more +Stamina gear Blah Blah Blah…

Anyways, so minus the instance time Carry the 2 = I have a lot of free time on my hands. I am finding that my ADD is taking over and the journey around the world has begun.

/ADD Begin

OK, here’s how this all started. I’ve always wanted a title on Fuu and since the achievement hit the fan, I knew how to get one: Merrymaker! I saw the list of objectives that must be accomplished: Kiss some Bros, Find Metzen the dumb@#& Reindeer, Dance with Ful in my cute Snowman outfit, bake some cookies for the kids. Wait… WHAT!? I haven’t lvled cooking since I left the starting zone. ZOMG, how am I going to pull this off? To make the highest recipe for this achievement, you will need 325 cooking; Game Plan. There have to be power lvling guides out there to help me with this. I’ve always heard that it’s very cheap to lvl cooking with fishing, so let’s start there.

I did end up finding the perfect guide for me so I wanted to link it if anyone else was ever in the same position or just wanted to learn more about fishing http://www.elsanglin.com/ Going from lvl 50 to lvl 325, I think I spent around 100g including the pole, lures and spices. I worked on this accomplishment for around four days. Not too shabby.

Finally, with my new title over my head and my new skillz that killz, why stop now? I want to be able to fish in Northrend as well. I’ve become a fishing monster Grrrrrrr! Shhh, you’ll scare away the fish.

What I’ve found is that these achievements have given me an excuse to explore completely different aspects of the game that I never thought I would find myself doing. I even participated in my very first BootyBay Fishing contest. Of course, I didn’t win but I got to see the ruthless aspect of fishing. Thank the Lord I’m on a Carebear server :)

What have you found yourself doing since the achievements went live? Is it something that you would have never done before? Are you quietly collecting cute little non-combat pets and not telling anyone? Your secrets safe with me ;) Tell me what you’ve been doing with your spare time and maybe you’ll win the "Cool" Award.

PS: Isn’t that guy creepy? I wouldn’t want that guy in my kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that guy is INDEED creepy. Extremely creepy.

    *shudders*

    To answer your (other) question though, I have definitely been chasing achievements. I'm about 6 pets short of that little rascal, Stinker. (He will be mine, oh yes, he will be mine.)

    Not to mention, doing exploring, old instances, reputation, quests.. oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that since I started lvling fishing and cooking, wanting to run old instances, collect all of the little critters, and somehow make gold...

    Where has all of my time gone?

    ReplyDelete