Sunday, December 21, 2008

Patience is a Virtue

Sensing a lack of posting material due in part to the approaching holiday, but also in part to having spent some quality time with my Death Knight lately, I headed over to The Warlock's Den for some early Sunday inspiration as I often do. A casual inspection might lead one to this little tidbit regarding some of the new stuff that is currently on the test realm:

Glyph
  • Glyph of Felguard - Increases the Felguard's total attack power by 20%. (Up from 10%)
  • Glyph of Felhunter - When your felhunter uses Devour Magic, you will also be healed for that amount. (Old - Increases the critical strike chance of your Felhunter's Shadow Bite ability by 6%.)
Also, a message from Ghostcrawler:
Look, I know you’re impatient. I would be too. It’s totally understandable. We do have changes in store for warlocks. Changing shards is one of them, of which the new summoning mechanic is but a very early first step.

Woot, new Glyphs. Are those Major or Minor? I'm happy with my Majors, so I'm hoping minors. Those might be too... useful for the trend our minors have been setting, though. Finally, GC is asking us to again be patient. I'm actually kind of discouraged from instancing because I feel completely out-DPS'ed. Perhaps I'm just not as good as I thought I was, and I'm running with some good people, but I remember I used to be able to hold my own. I'm not gonna sit here and QQ because I still love my class and spec, so its not like I won't make the best of it. I just am having a nostalgic moment here...

Anyways, that's just the quick update. I've also got the DK up to 62 now and am having a whole lot of fun playing it. Running with 5 DK's through ramparts was just... OP. No healer, five DKs, and destruction. Horrible organization and mechanics. No plan. Yeah, we Death Knoobed it. It was fun, but I think I'll fare much better in a raid environment, as I schooled DPS when we were organized, but when people just started pulling all willy-nilly-like, I spent more time trying to keep people alive and couldn't focus. Such is life as a DK I guess. Recount told me my DoT uptime was consistently the best though... warlock-DK FTW.

Finally, thanks goes out to Abigore over at fear.win and his guild for a warm welcome of two wandering vagabond Tauren druids. You may have heard about the server issues that Blizz blamed on Comcast, but I can't explain why it only seemed to affect us on our main server, and not Sisters of Elune. I'm not too mad though, because we had a wonderful time meeting some new people, and may try to stop by to dabble in the RP a little bit from time to time. Though I think we all discussed how much beer we were drinking Friday night and didn't do a whole lot of IC-type interaction. Check out his guide for the translation there :-).

There was a somewhat humorous point of the night where Fuu and I were grazing in the cow starting area and a much higher level came up to us and asked if we needed assistance in a very IC manner. Being new, Fuu and I looked at each other and shrugged. She asked if she should moo. I decided I'd have a go and responded in kind, bowing at the end (I'm a fan of bowing even when not on the RP server). It was short and easy, not awkward as one might think, and definitely kind of fun.

I guess that is my little plug for "don't diss it 'till you've tried it" or some such. Mostly, I think if you enjoy the game, it's good to see different perspectives, especially if you're a leader in your guild. More perspectives can only help you understand your players better, even if none of them are RP'ers. If you only ever did one thing, how boring would that be?

4 comments:

  1. Lol, I should have mentioned that our guild chat is totally OOC. Our RP is done socially in /say. Some guilds use guild chat as IC and promote everyone to use officer chat as OOC to separate the two but we're not THAT hardcore xD.

    Chances are, if you stop over on a weekend, we're raiding. During the week we RP, etc.

    You two are welcome over anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure those will be Major glyphs, [sarcasm] seeing as our Minors aren't suppose to really be helpful [/sarcasm]. Although I might very well replace my UA glyph with the Fel Hunter ones, as I have noticed with my haste at 10% and the glyph, I'm feeling the effect of the GCD (or something). I cast UA then Immo but ever since my UA is 1.2 sec now I can't follow up with Immo right after (I watch the red bar of latency on my Quartz to start casting my next spell).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked wowwiki, the two glyphs you mentioned are indeed currently Major glyphs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @kinzlayer
    Of course they are!

    I don't have as much haste stacked but you may be onto something there. I'll have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete