Friday, December 12, 2008

News Galore!

So with the PTR release notes, the blogging general public is going crazy trying to report all applicable changes to their respective classes. In that spirit, I'm going to try and really narrow my window down to the two main classes I'm interested in right now: Blood-spec Death Knights and Affliction-spec Warlocks. If you want more complete lists, there are plenty out there, but what I'm listing is what strikes me as significant. I'm also going to link the blogs where I first found these. As I've noted, at work most of the "official" sites are blocked for me, so I'm pilfering these from abroad. Feel free to check out each of these sites as they do a more complete job than me.

Also before I start, disclaimer time (yay!): These are PTR notes, they are subject to change! Find my original comments in italics, the rest has been pilfered and hopefully sufficiently noted source-wise. I'm not trying to be lazy here, I just don't see the need to redo what's been done.

Leading off, from
Death in a Tin Can we have some Blood DK news straight from the notes:

  • The healing of Blood Aura, Blood Presence and Death Pact has been doubled ~Wahoo! More healing is good!
  • Heart Strike – we overhauled this ability. It no longer has a haste debuff but will now be able to strike two targets like a cleave. It still hits for more than Blood Strike, but you can still use Blood Strike if e.g. you don’t want to break CC. ~This is one of the suspects to not go live, if it does though... yippee DPS boost!
  • Bloody Strikes – the bonus damage from Pestilence has been moved here to help Blood AE slightly. ~Buff = Goood
  • Pestilence — no longer has a 10 sec cooldown. ~Never had a problem with this, but I'll take it.
  • Raise Dead — now split into two spells: Raise Dead now raises a ghoul or pet ghoul (if talented). Raise Ally now raises a fallen party member (at no reagent cost). ~Hmm, okay... fair enough
  • Unholy Blight, Dancing Rune Weapon and Hungering Cold – cost reduced from 60 to 40 runic power. ~Cheaper is good I suppose, though you'd still probably want to wait for a full bar to maximize uptime of DRW at least.
  • Vampiric Blood — in addition to its current effects, also adds 20% health temporarily. ~Cool, kind of like a bubble.
  • Many death knight glyphs have been changed. In many cases the negative consequences were removed. ~Check local listings for this one... Removing negatives = positive?


On deck, from Deathknight.info:

Numerous people have mentioned the new Character recustomization, and DKI does a good job of reporting the pertinent FAQs, thus the post link. I, personally will not use the service as I'm very fond of each of my characters and a lot of thought went into making them the way I did. Changing their sex would really freak me out as I've grown to know each of their personalities as I've played them. Maybe weird and little bit too RP for my non-RP PvE server, but caring for your characters makes for a more rewarding game experience, IMO.

Also from DKI, another pasting from blue regarding Dual Specs:
The idea is to let you swap glyphs and action bars along with your talents.
It will be trivial to do in town.
You will also be able to do it out of towns, but not as trivially.
We hope to have this done for the next major content patch, but it’s a big feature and takes some time.
~Cool cool, this sounds like an interesting and potentially positive way to implement this.

In the hole, pilfered from over at fear.win:

  • As mentioned before, all player spells that cause a mob to become aggressive to you will now tag them. ~Yahoo! IC DoT tagging FTW!
  • Ritual of Summoning will now create a summon stone that party members can re-use for 5 minutes. ~Yay stones! Much more shard efficient!

And finally, completely unrelated to patch notes...

Autumn commented on my post yesterday as part of a Blog Azeroth shared topic, which led me to check out her site and I was quite impressed. Her and her hubby have a very interesting niche: random fun items! My Fuubaar absolutely adores all the holiday stuff, fun pets, and odd trinkets, so this was mostly for her. However, if that kind of thing is your bag, I recommend checking out Grumble and Autumn's Blog. They also have some pretty neat artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment