Friday, December 5, 2008

Dragon Day Dreams

Because there are no vampires in this game, I had to find another outlet for my affections. Thus, I've settled on dragons. Prior to Wrath, dragons were only rarely involved with us puny humans. Wrath has changed this in a big way. You can't seem to go very far without running into a dragon, and I, for one, love it. I can't wait to be able to fly on one (once I hit 77 and get some rep). The daily at the temple in Dragonblight is just freakin' cool. Dogfighting on a dragon... Yes please.

This is Red 5, I'm Going In

I also have to say, many of the female dragons are scantily clad. Fuu would quietly call them skanks, but I figure if you're alternate form enables you to have wings and rip heads off, you can safely get away with being a little on the provocative side. It's not like you can't take care of yourself.

Alexstrasza Is Not Impressed, Human

I just love the dragons. You can't tell me you weren't a little sad when you had to kill Keristrasza in Nexus. That was a great quest line!

Though Fuu and I are 76, we're still only in Dragonblight. We're trying to get the loremaster achievement and figure we might as well hit the quests while we can still get some experience out of them. Plus, Wyrmrest Temple is just a pretty cool place. Very... spacious.

Hello? hello...hello...hello...


In any case, we're enjoying the quests and can't wait to pick up our flying mounts again. It was nice to use my pretty, flaming horse again, but I'm ready to take to the skies on a dragon!

Also, if you haven't done it, when you're 76ish, head on over to Zul'Drak and do the new "ring of blood" quests. This time you're in a crazy amphitheater and feel like Maximus in Gladiator. They even added crowd noise. Pretty cool fights and some good experience. Nothing that should trip you up as they're all pretty much basic tank and spanks. Also, the staff reward from there isn't too shabby.

3 comments:

  1. wrt: "no vampires"

    Beg to differ. Second boss in Ahn'Kahet. Holds you down and drinks your blood.

    There's a whole new group of undead elf princes who are sending a strong "vampire" vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Aphitheater of Anguish was a lot of fun. Riding the Mammoth of the last boss and beating him with his own mount was good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nibuca... True, and I forgot about that fight until you mentioned it just now. Love it! However, all their "vampires" wear bandit masks over their faces like pansies. I'm gonna have to side with the Dragons in WoWland unless the vamps get decidedly cooler :-).

    @fear.win... For sure. As soon as I saw that the mammoth was mountable, I was on that thing. Definitely good times.

    ReplyDelete