Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ding 80

Short Sunday post: I finally hit 80! Go me. You get a lovely little package when you reach your 80th season, so I tried to get a picture of a firework on the left to celebrate.

The next goal involves saving up to 5k Gold so I can finally train my epic flying skill. This shouldn't be too hard now that all quests are giving me straight cash. We'll see how long it takes though.

The only other good thing about hitting 80 (besides being done levelling) is that you get the nifty warlock portal spell. I'm not exactly sure what use it is in PvE, but I already dueled a few people to give it a try in PvP and it is quite fun. It's very useful for giving yourself some breathing room against a melee class, perhaps letting you get an extra fear off or drain some life for a bit to keep you alive longer. I wish the range was a bit further on it though. PvE it'll be situational at best. I got a little shot of me testing it out in Stormwind there to the right. I like the color scheme.

I'm still planning to try and finish up Icecrown before I do anything. Our guild only has 4 80's a this time, but we have a couple more right on the cusp. This means guild heroics soon and easier rep grinding. I really like the whole tabard rep system and am looking forward to getting going on that.

Finally, I'll leave you with a little holiday-esque pic that I took while Fuu and I were being silly:

Santa is really grumpy today, Fuu, I don't think we can sit on his lap :-(.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on 80!

    I can't wait to see the uses of the portal spell in PvE. The only thing I can think of right now is a very handy " Oh crap, get out of the fire!" button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I ran a heroic last night and came up with another use for the portal, though very situational. I'm probably going to incoporate it into today's post, but if not I'll come back and not be so cryptic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does Santa smell like Scotch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. w00t! Grats on 80!

    We had a lock use the new portal as a GTFO! spell as well. Funniest thing I've seen in awhile.

    ReplyDelete