Tuesday, August 4, 2009

3.2 Warlock Patch Notes

It's official! 3.2 is live! I finally got some "for real" patch notes. I'll be trying to talk about them in chunks over the next few days in a schedule that may look something like this: today = warlock (because there aren't very many), tomorrow = frost DK, Thursday = PvP stuff, Friday = Misc. Depending on how those go, I may combine or divide if it turns into a giant or teeny post. We'll see, but I just wanted to put the requisite "it's here" note up since I know all my readers read me and only me forever and ever or else. *evil cackle*

Warlocks

  • Banish: Effect will now be cancelled if Banish is recast on a banished target. - Umm, k? Spell check on canceled (minion peeve of mine). I didn't have a problem before... but okay.
  • Dreadsteed: Can now be learned at level 40. - dumb but no surprise here.
  • Felsteed: Can now be learned at level 20.- dumber
  • Shadowflame: The angle of the cone effect on this ability was inadvertently very small, making it difficult to use. Its cone is now the same size as similar spells, such as Cone of Cold.- I'll take it... it was kind of a PITA.
  • Soulshatter cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 5 minutes - This will be put to good use, I promise.
  • Talents
    • Affliction
      • Pandemic: Now also increases the critical damage bonus of Haunt by 100%. - Buff, small but better than naught.
    • Demonology
      • Fel Domination cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 15 minutes.- awesome, now you can "revive" your pet in combat without too much hassle.
    • Destruction
      • Empowered Imp: The warlock's critical hit chance is increased to 100%, up from 20% for the next spell cast after the Imp critically hits a target. - score one for the little guy.
      • Fire and Brimstone: Reduced to 2/4/6/8/10% increased damage from Incinerate and Chaos Bolt on targets afflicted with Immolate, down from 3/6/9/12/15%. - nerf, I guess destro was just that much better. I guess it'll bring affliction and destro more in line.
All right, that's it for now. Like a classic rock radio station, you just got a two for Tuesday. Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment