Friday, August 14, 2009

A Shadow of the Past

I'd been shadowing the Warlock for months now. I could tell you about his habits, his new wife, and his minions. Oh god, His minions! How could anyone stand the constant bickering? They were just so annoying. At least my ghoul can't form words. If it did, I'd probably cut it's tongue out. And eat it. Tongue is a delicacy, you know.

Wait, that's not very lady like is it? I swear, before this whole undead stuff, I was far more lady like. I mean, the memories are pretty hazy, but I can just barely remember myself with long blond hair, beautiful green eyes, and soft cotton clothes. Now it's black hair, burning eyes, and plate armor. Arthas is such a bastard. If I ever get the chance to rip out his tongue, well... well... well done is the only way it's going down.

Breathe Dece, you're gonna cause a scene, and the Warlock is sending out some mail again. You don't want to scare him away before you've had your chance.

I watch as he gazes longingly towards the Coliseum. I know he's been super busy lately, running chores for that Paladin wife of his. Don't let him fool you though, he's totally been moonlighting at the jousting ring inside that huge arena. Smaller groups don't make it all that secretive, Boy. You still have to walk through the front doors.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stalk the guy. I mean, I am, but I'm not. At least, not in the way you probably think. Trust me, that'd be creepy. I just really need to tell him something. He'd want to know who I am, right? Or would he be happier just thinking I'm dead? He had to still care.

I mean, he just left me there. I was so little! What did he think I was going to do? Catch myself a nice man and settle down? That's never been my style. Then again, I guess he never stayed around enough to find out. Settling down isn't really his style either. That's why I was so surprised to find him with a wife. She must be pretty damned tough if she can put up with all his crap.

I'm sure he'd want to know though, right? Even if I've been turned into... this?

I know I've probably changed quite a bit since he last saw me, even without the whole rising from the dead thing, but I'm not that horrid, am I? He saw me a few days ago, I know he did. Our eyes met, and he stared at me, and saw... something. Did he recognize me? Did he think, my stars, they've turned her into a newt? Er, a knight, sorry. Or, was my face just so appalling to him that he didn't want anything to do with me?

I guess he did leave me, so maybe he never really cared after all. I can't say I really blame him, look at me. I'm a freak. Even then I was a freak, but now it's even worse. At least those Horde death knights have the other undead kids to fraternize with. Alliance? We got nothin'. Even the Gnomes look down on me. And that's sayin' something.

Shhh, Dece! Quiet! He's looking!

Wait, I wasn't saying anything, this is all in my head. Geeze, I'm losing it. Probably need to eat some more brains. You are what you eat, right?

There it is again! It's like he recognizes me, but doesn't want to admit it. I should go over to him! I should tell him! But... I can't. I'm too scared. What if he doesn't want anything to do with me? I think I'd die for a second time. Add courage to the list of things Arthas stole from me.

That sonnofabitch is gonna pay.

1 comment:

  1. ~Whoooo are youuu~ (who who, who who)

    Intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete