Monday, April 26, 2010

The Next Month

So here's how the next month is going to go around here.  Normally, I try to have a post up daily.  I'm pretty much a creature of habit, so it's as much for my sanity as your reading pleasure.  With that said, there are several factors that may affect the frequency of posting around these parts during the next month or so. I don't want to bore you with apology posts and crap like that.  Instead, I just wanted to lay out what's going down and what our goals are for the next handful of weeks so that when we do miss a day, y'all can be just like: "I know why that is... I feel well informed."  Or something.

Anyways, reason one is that it's obvious that the game is sort of in a lull.  It isn't the first time I've said it and I know it's obvious.  One thing I don't want to do is write uninspired crap because I'm trying to force 5 posts a week out of my butt.  (Or my wife's butt, but that's a touchier matter in that if I reference it much more, I may end up on the couch tonight.)  So I'm not going to force myself to write if I don't have something at least mildly interesting to say.  Also, I'm going to try to keep things short and sweet around here.  With spring officially here, I'm sure we can all appreciate spending a little less time on the Feed Reader, yet I'm sure we all strive to stay well informed too.  Right? 

I'm going to continue with the whole QotD trend and fish for conversation here when I can.  I like comments.  You like comments.  It should be win/win.  If there's something you notice that either makes a good question or you think I should post about... I'm certainly accepting submissions.  Email or comment both work.  Contact information is on the "About Us" page up there on the right.

Reason number two is not game related, but probably equally as vital to my sanity.  This Wednesday, Fuu and I will be purchasing our first house.  It is with equal parts trepidation and excitement that we approach homeownership.  There will be lots to do.  Like moving.  And flooring.  And moving flooring.  Okay, you caught me, my house isn't that cool, but it would be sweet to have moving floors.  Like a mystery house.  Scooby Doo and the gang could come disrupt my warlocky schemes.  It'd be grand and exciting. 

No, instead we'll just being doing things like painting and making things look "pretty" so my wife feels successful as a proper adult, homeowner type.  I... I am going to have a man cave.  Or a lair, for the non-druids.  Yes.  There will be a lair.  It will have many electronics.  Handle it.

I might even try to write about some of the homey stuff... in WoW context of course.  I mean who doesn't wanna hear the strat for the Masterbath Floor boss?  Only if I can make it clever and funny though, we'll see.

So yeah, it might get crazy alternating with quiet around here.  Such is life.

Here's an idea I have that I'm hoping to get some feedback on too.  I've been doing a lot of PvP lately to break things up and I remember a while ago we had some "Copy and Paste Strats" for the new heroics.  Remember those?  Well, I want to do the like for battlegrounds.  First of all, I need to figure out the character limit for one message in WoW.  Then, I'm going to post my personal favorite strat for each BG (broken up into several posts that I will eventually join up with a link).  Finally, I'll ask you guys for any suggestions of your favorite strats (but they have to be within the character limit), and will add those to each BG post as I go.  In the end, I envision having sort of a repository for basic BG strats.  Nothing in depth and long, just enough to paste at the start.  What do you think about that?  Does such a thing already exist that I don't know about?  Please shoot me a link if so.  Otherwise, stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Grats! on the new house. The "Both Cars in the Garage" still has my little 4-man guild running in fear, even after almost 4 months of attempting to down it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Thanks. We'll see how this quest goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gratz, I had to step away from WoW for a full month after moving into my 1st house in March of this year. After you get done pulling carpet tacking, painting molding, tiling a bathroom floor, tending to the lawn and making dinner you will be hard pressed to fit in any WoW time. It's all worth it in the end tho, for sure. Gratz again!

    ReplyDelete