Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Elemental Shaman Twink Update: lvl 16

HOLY CRAP IS THIS LEGAL?!

This is seriously so much fun. The moment I hit 11 and invested my talent points (which I'll go into in a sec) I queued up for Warsong Gulch and was horrified because normally you don't enter a BG before you hit around the bracket cap. I was pleasantly surprised to see a few 12s & 13s representing.

I would drop my single totem near the alliance flag and pray that one of the higher lvl hunters would stay behind and support my suicide. Now, I've ran many higher lvl BGs before and if you ask for something in BG chat, you get flamed & no one helps out. Here for some odd reason, EVERY single time I've asked for someone to help me with Defense, 1-2 people actually speak up & stay behind. It's so wonderful! Very few times have I ran into the "L2P NEWBS" because hey, we are learning to play :P

Slowly leveling in Battlegrounds is Slow...

I've only done a few actual quests since I hit 11 and it was to get from 15-16 so that I could acquire my Ghost Wolf Form. I kept seeing other shammies in their forms & I got jealous of them flying across the middle and catching the Flag Carrier before they entered the tunnel. Thus, slowing them down long enough for the rest of the group to catch up & rape him with his own flag. It was so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes. I dinged 16, ran to the trainer, popped Ghost Wolf form & ran around Exodar. Can I just say that 40% faster really makes a difference in a BG.

A few nights ago, I finally rounded up enough Wintergrasp Shard things on my Priest to buy the BoA mail pvp Shoulders. The stats are just Yummy! Can I tell you how freakin GOOFY they look though?! They have sticks popping out of them with horseshoe lookin things on top.

Can haz hide shoulders pls kthx!

Hell, even before I hit 16 and pre- pvp BoA shoulders, a lvl 18 holy pally complimented me on my gear. LOL WAT?! My lvl 80 Tanking Paladin in holy shit gear never gets compliments but a lvl 14 Elemental Shammy in greens does? Needless to say greens are the new hotness :)

Quick Tip for the lvling twink: Give them 15g and have an Auction House Shopping Spree. I found a really great mix of cloth & leather greens for normally around 1-2g each. Obviously people know what stats are better for certain twinks and will jack up the price to 10-15g but that's absurd. I don't plan on staying in this gear after 18 (when you can spend your Honor Points & currency for gear). I looked for items with High Stamina, Intellect, and the occasional Spell Power or Critical Strike on them.

My current stats are at 16:

health: 462
mana: 870

Stamina:
Spell Power: 16 (lol that's right I have 16 spell power)
Intellect: 58
Spirit: 43
Haste: 5
Crit: 6.99%

The Key Stereotype of the 10-19 BG bracket:
Myth~
Everyone is a hunter!

Fact~ I would say for every Warsong gulch group I get into there are normally 2-3. I've been really impressed with the pet selections available to this bracket as well. Not all of them are running around with cats named Cat (now this is not to say that I haven't seen any oh contrary mon friar I have)

Some prove to be formidable allies & foes if they have any amount of knowledge about their abilities. I remember running with a lvl 17 hunter (can't remember what spec he was) but he was THAT GUY who would annihilate the Flag Carrier and probably returned 3 flags that game. He helped out where he was needed without gloating or demanding us to L2P. It was a complete BG success! Then I've also met Horde Orc Hunters that were three lvls higher than I was at the time, send their pet in and sit back and auto shot. I would throw down my [insert slowing totem name here] throw my DoT on the hunter. LoS them, throw down a new batch of totems and completely disgrace him & his family. I've even made one attempt to melee me. Big Red Kitty would have cried.

Warriors are on a similar boat as hunters regarding the group make up (normally 2-3 of them). There was another Orc (wtf Orcs seriously) that was a lvl 18 who just sat at the bottom of the alliance Graveyard & took out anyone who was trying to run. It took three of us to take him down. It was nasty stuff. Warriors remind me of those Zombies who feel no pain. They have arrows sticking out of their chest and are dragging a leg behind them but are swinging their axes like mad men!

Most of all, I'm really enjoying the mix of classes in there. I figured I would be the only Shammy but I'm normally lucky to have another Blue name pop up from time to time. One thing that I have learned though that I wouldn't have expected is:

Druids are arrogant Flag Carriers. Heck, I've seen a few start in bear form, go to travel form, spot the other Flag carrier going the other way, intercept their flag carrier and start attacking. WTF are you doing?! Ok, we get it, you're OP because you can run fast & heal yourself but if you want to fight people, then give the flag to someone else to protect. We've lost a few flags in this manner because the Druid started a fight... *facepalm*

One thing that I'm not shocked about and halfheartedly expected were the Rogues. Any WoW Player who has ever Pvp'ed before shutters when that Class is within 200 yards around them. Being Stun locked, Sapped, one shotted, etc. etc. just makes anyone want to reach through their computers & grab that person by the short & curlies. I haven't really ran into any Rogue that has rocked my Shammy world yet. One tried to sneak attack me once (undead of course) but my totem slowly ate him alive. I just laughed as I saw my heath go down & his go down even faster. Muahahahaha.

I've had more problems with my own groups rogues than the Horde ones. I had one guy announce in BG chat that he NEVER receives heals from anyone blah blah blah. I hear this A TON at all differently lvls of pvp. He then continued to step over the line to say that some "stupid" Shaman just sat there while he almost killed the FC and died. Well, me being the only Shaman in the group ( I will not tolerate some douche Rogue insulting my baby Shammy in that manner) I pipped up saying that I was running around throwing totems trying to slow down & dispel the goods off of the FC while a hunter was whittling away at the Rogues 3 HP. Ok, my only pet peeve to Shamans at this lvl is that we have one, count em up one, heal. That heal has a cast time. If I'm in real trouble and need to run, that heal is not going to help anyone. I use Gift of the Naru more than my regular heal. Riddle me this, why on Azeroth's Green land would I sacrifice my own ass to save a Rogue that has the situational awareness level of a toddler? I think not little man... keep on dreamin.

Anyways, today was just for fun. Tomorrow, I'll write up a Srs Bsns is Srs Post about my Elemental Spec that I have right now, when I hit 19 and probably one for 29 as well. Oh and the Awesome Glyph that I'm using since I only have one opened to me right now it's pretty simple lol.

Well, since I'm guessing your eyes are bleeding from this Wall of Text Crit, I'm gunna shut the hell up now. If any of you are remotely interested in Elemental Shaman twinks, Pvp, or twinking in general, let me know. I'm pretty new to this and I love to learn and improve.

<3 Fuu

EDIT: I wasn't feeling all that great last night & didn't get around to doing my serious post today. I guess you'll have to anxiously await for that Shammy post. Sorry for the confusion & delay.

7 comments:

  1. Hehe. Rogues aren't eating your face at that level because they're low-level too. A lot of the fun abilities are several levels away at that point... 20-22 is where it starts to get fun.

    I'm glad your enjoying your experience. I think I could do the BG leveling gig, I just don't think I could ever do it with a melee class. Next time, maybe I'll try a healer.

    Also: glad your battlegroup has enough sense to not pack in all hunters. I was in three games in a row with, no joke, six draenei hunters. Most had cats named Cat, one had a spider named Spider, and not a damned one had any idea how to do anything other than fight in the middle of the field. Defense? Offense? They're the men (and women) with the guns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Stop

    So you're telling me that I should stay below 20 eh? lol

    I'll just learn how to kill them even quicker before I allow my little shammy to take on the next bracket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pvped as a shaman (lvs. 13-14) in wsg for the first time last night and it was a blast. Being a baby in the bracket I wasn't all that tough to kill but that earthbind totem really, really annoys people. I killed an 18 rogue like three times in a row simply by keeping him at range with earthbind and using my shocks and my searing totem. Our heal is kind of annoying to get off, though, as I find myself rarely standing still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some friends last night wanting me to play in the 10-19 bracket and the only toon I had was a shaman so I gave it a go. I borrowed my druid's boa gear for extra spellpower and went to town.

    As a baby shaman (13-14) I wasn't hard to kill but I was very, very annoying with the earthbind totem. In one bg I managed to kill this 18 rogue twice simply by keeping him at range and using my shocks and searing totem. I had so much fun I'm thinking about doing this more seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ the Anonymous or Anoymousi? Plural

    I think you're the same person but yes that Earthbinding Totem is also really nice for pretty much all Melee. When I'm carrying the flag through the tunnel, I'll litter it with the Earthibinding totem & a Firetotem to DPS a little while I flee.

    Shamans at low lvls have quite a few tricks up our sleeves when it comes to the 10-19 bracket.

    I hope you keep with it.

    Totem Littering FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started a ele shammy for 19 twinks it's on eo f the funnest characters yet.still got lot of learning to do though.ya they need a batter heal than the one they got.. I was jus saying that last night =-D
    Lightit@Hyjal

    ReplyDelete