Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Flash Fiction With Friends

I generally shy away from writing contests. I don't know why. I suppose it's just hard for me to write on command. Plus, I suffer from the writer's common cold. You know, the "I'm not good enough" one?  Still, it's a BBB writing contest. That's pretty hard to resist if you ask me. But, but... I'm running out of time and work was really hard today and my brain is coasting and I don't have a whole lot of time before I need to get out of here and do another things and if I leave without doing it, I'm never going to do it and...

Okay. I can do this. Flash Fiction, 100 words or less. Go:
The slender elf leafed through the tavern’s gift shop rack. “Does liking this make me vain?” she asked, holding up a pair of tights.

“It says juicy on the butt,” was the dry reply from the dwarf.

“You’re right, it doesn’t hold a torch to the ones with the see-through star.”

The dwarf rolled her eyes. “Why don’t you just get one that says ‘shaft please?’”

The elf shot her a puzzled look. “Where’s that one hidden?”
 77  words. Not bad. Nailed all the prompts, too. Now, I just need to put a link in BBB's post comments.

3 comments:

  1. OH LIGHT. I lol'd a hearty lol. WTB "juicy" epic pants for my main.

    ReplyDelete