Is there anything more worthless than an Affliction 'Lock on those adds during the phase change? That is all.
Hopefully the 4.3 10% buff to Soul Fire will make it instantly get one of those guys to 50% (doubt it). Then, I may have a chance of killing one on my own. As it is now, I'm paired up with a bursty melee so he can get it to 50% and then grab another. I'm the closer. Kyra Sedgwick is not pleased.
Okay, okay. Enough whining. Here are the patchy notes:
- Shadow Bolt has a new spell effect.
- Soul Fire now scales with 72.6% of spell power, up from 62.5%.
- The Voidwalker ability Suffering now works like the hunter pet talent Taunt.
Master Demonologist now grants a base bonus of
20%18.4% and 2.5%2.3% per mastery, up from 16% and 2% per mastery.
- Impending Doom is now also activated by Soul Fire.
- Master Demonologist now grants a base bonus of
- Fire and Brimstone now increases the damage of Incinerate and Chaos Bolt on Immolated targets by 5/10/15%, up from 2/4/6%.
- Burning Embers now deals damage equal to 25/50% of Soul Fire and Imp's Firebolt, up from 15/30%.
- Burning Embers damage cap has been raised.
- Shadowburn now deals Shadowflame damage, instead of Shadow damage.
- Improved Soul Fire now lasts 20 sec, up from 15sec.
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomguard and Infernal to benefit dramatically more than intended from Demonology Mastery.
I suppose that's okay. I don't have any major complaints right now. (Except, of course, for the uselessness on Rag's adds described above. Mechanics like that just suck and I'm not sure I would want them to fix us for it... it might ruin our identity). Apart from the soul fire buff, and a shiny new shadowbolt visual, we're not really getting anything here. There's not much to say.
How about my DK, any better? Let's look:
- Death Strike now heals the death knight whether or not the attack misses, or is dodged/parried. As a result of this change, Death Strike no longer refunds its rune cost if it fails to hit the target, as the death knight will still receive the healing effect.
- Blood Presence now provides an armor bonus of 55%, up from 30%.
- Death Knight pets now properly inherit their master's crit and spell penetration stats.
- Blade Barrier has been redesigned. It now passively reduces damage taken.
- Bone Shield now has 6 charges, up from 4.
- Veteran of the Third War now reduces the cooldown of Outbreak by 30 seconds.
- The gargoyle called by Summon Gargoyle should exclusively use its ranged attack regardless of range to the target.
- Unholy Might now increases Strength by 25%, up from 20%.
So boring patch is boring. At least from a class-I-play standpoint. I'm looking forward to dorking around with the raid finder, the new five mans, transmogging, void storage, the new faire and those sorts of changes that we knew were coming. I'll have write more on them when I see how they've actually been implemented though. Which brings an interesting conflict to light: Skryim or 4.3? Hmm....