Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another Weekend, Another Wedding

Yes, we are firmly ensconced in the "wedding" stage of life. That's the one where everyone you ever knew is getting married... and you're invited! In any case, this one requires travel, so we're going to be gone for the next few days. Back on Tuesday.  Thus, here are some short thoughts to tide you over.
  • Hot Topic 1 has been the changes to Valor Points - Lodur wrote a bit about it.  My view: I don't really care.  I don't come close to hitting cap anyway, nor do I feel the need to.  We're casual.  From that POV, it doesn't matter a whole lot.  I guess maybe it'll function so that we won't end up being as far "behind?"
  • Hot Topic 2 has been the changes to PvP Conquest Points - Cynwise composed a novella about this.  I made it most of the way through.  Sometimes I feel the urge to berate Cyn because he makes me read far over my quota of words for the day.  It baffles me how he keeps me engaged even when I DON'T REALLY GIVE A SHIT.  I mean, I've only been able to nab like 700 Conquest Points in six months.  I'm too casual in PvP.  I don't do Arenas or Rated BG's (I'd like to do the second one, but there's just not enough interest in my small PvE-centric guild.)  Still, it's a great article as always.  My view: I hope some of the prevailing attitudes change for the better soon.  Seems like there's a lot of PvP-angst out there (justified too). 
  • Hot Topic 3 is the whole flaming kitty thing -  My view: just one more reason to level my damn Druid. Still waiting on my Warlock flying mount.  Druids are so OP in the random fun shit stat.  But I don't advocate nerfing them to fix this... rather, buff the rest of us with cool class-specific stuff!  Why can't we all be on fire?  What about kitty screams "FLAMES" that a Destro 'lock is lacking?  Ugh.  I agree with BBB in principle though, and I totally remember the tentacle monster staff (as well as the fight... loved the SoC fight).
  • Finally, I'm going to try like hell to get a story post up on both this blog and my writing blog by the end of the week (this one scheduled for Friday, obvi).  Some of that may depend on the success/failure of hotel internet.  Wish me luck.
See y'all on the flip-side.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like Hot Topic 1 is not as hot anymore: http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/06/15/valor-point-awards-for-tier-12-bosses-increased/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bu8t flaming kitties are still flaming kitties.

    Quit your bitching, though, what class was it that had the Tier set where when you put it on, freaking HUGE ASS EVIL AS FUCK BAT WINGS popped out? Huh? Who?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was that? Like tier 6? This isn't a pissing match bear... why can't they give us all something cool? I'd take any form of instant flying mount. How many times have I had gathering mats snaked by Druids? None! I don't gather on my 'lock. But it's the principle of the thing! :-)

    (In all fairness, Druids stroll through the dailies while I had to fight all the damn attacking orcses.)

    ReplyDelete