Monday, June 11, 2012

#Diablo - Speed Play

Okay, I retract my previous statement. Namely, that I wasn't all that interested in replaying Diablo. I didn't have a lot of time to play this weekend, but I did start my monk on the next difficulty mode. Because I was expecting malaise, I decided to remove the band-aid quickly. That is to say, I tried to move as fast as possible to each objective, spamming the fel out of space bar whenever people tried to talk to me.

It was a lot of fun.

Yeah, color me surprised. It wasn't so bad when you skip everything. And when you're not being compulsive about trying to explore every nook and cranny of the map, the game actually moves pretty quickly. So far, I've been rolling over things still. I can tell stuff hits harder, but there have only been a few rough patches. I'm not very far in. I'll be it'll toughen up sooner rather than later.

Speed play is pretty intoxicating. I'm not just playing, but trying to play faster, more efficient. It's sort of like gold farming, only with an secondary purpose in mind (of progressing). At least, I think it is. I've never been a big gold farmer, but I imagine you try to really maximize your profits over time.

Anyway, thought I'd mention this. Thanks to the comment tips last week on how to speed up play (like spacebar... though my spacebar does not thank you). Now back to your regularly sucky Monday, already in progress.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous, I wish I had the extra time to stomp around D3. I got to about level 25ish, but sadly RL has pulled me away in different directions.

    I plan to get back in there soon though once the work schedule loosens it's grip. Have you read around clicktoloot.com? They do a good job over there on updates, tips and tricks. Check it out when you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not getting to play as much as I'd like either, but at least I've done a bit.

    I just checked out that site. Pretty intense. Looks like good information, though I'm not sure if I want to min/max to that level yet.

    ReplyDelete