Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Yay Warlockery!

If you've also noticed the lack of posting around here, don't worry. I still exist. Just doing more lurking these days than playing. Nothing much to report of note. I've been getting out IRL, too. Trying to create a new minion by resurrecting one of those - whaddya call 'em? - oh yeah, social lives. Just so y'all know, I will pipe up when I have things to say, but as previously warned, it's not going to be super often. I appreciate (very much!) all of you that have hung around for this long. It really does mean a lot. Connecting with folks is a large reason why any of us bloggers blog. With that in mind, even when I'm not posting I get email notifications for comments and junk. If something comes up or you just want to say hi, I have not disappeared and don't plan on closing this. It's free to me, so as long as blogger will have me, I'll be here in some ephemeral form or another.

Apart from that boring I-feel-obligated-to-share-what-is-up paragraph, I wanted to say a huge THANKS to  Amijade over at Warlockery for the very kind words prior to my little 'locky spotlight. I feel honored to have inspired other writers so, and glad that even in my absence the fate of the Purple World (...of Warcraft) is in good (if somewhat corrupted and bony) hands. Like I mentioned, I think the opportunity to connect with other great people has always been one of the biggest strengths of the WoW blogging community, and the gamer community in general.

I've enjoyed the spotlight, and will definitely continue to lurk around the Warlockery, if only to cackle with glee at the corruption of others.

2 comments:

  1. My raid group broke up and my guild is trying to reform. This has pretty much sunk my enthusiasm for WoW. So I'm thinking about joining you in hanging it up. At least for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I maintain that a huge part of WoW's lasting power has revolved around the community. That is, people keep playing primarily because they enjoy spending time with the people they play with. The game has to be good enough to get folks in the door, but it is the connections that keep people around. At least that's my thought.

    When my own connections sort of de-materialized, I found it difficult to continue as well.

    ReplyDelete