Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Building Cities

I haven't checked in for a while. Still kicking. Still building cities and enjoying it. I'm trying to complete some Great Works now. I think I've figured out how to build a successful city in most cases. Resources are so key in this version of the game. Tiles with lots of resources will be easy to build up. Also, it helps to have established cities nearby with road connections. Being able to farm out early utilities and simply pay for what you need... priceless. Well, if you ignore the paying part.

If you get your trade empire set up alongside some solid resource gathering and upgrading... you'll be making money hand over fist in no time. Most of my larger cities show a 10k plus debt per hour, but make it up easily through exports. It's pretty crazy.

Of course, as soon as I felt comfortable, a giant lizard showed up and caroused through my city. Destroyed my entire resource gathering infrastructure, nearly ruining the city. Fortunately, I'd been sitting on a sizeable nest-egg, so I was able to rebuild and get stuff back up and running without too much trouble. It was dicey for a bit. Stupid lizards.

I can't wait until some of the DLC starts showing up and they unlock things like expanding the city tiles or being able to edit the highway. Currently almost all of my cities have huge gridlocks when entering and leaving since there's only one exit on the highway. What sort of city has that? At the very least I should get one for each side of the map. I plopped a pro stadium and the traffic snarls are something fierce!

Anyhoo, that's all for now. Hope you WoW kids are killing extra critters for me.

2 comments:

  1. WoW update. My monk is 90 number 7.
    Did I mention I'm an altoholic?

    I'm thinking about farming up this transmog set for him.
    http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=398

    ReplyDelete