Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sub-Free

I did a bad thing last night. Well, at least it felt bad. Sorta. I cancelled my WoW sub last night.

Truth be told, it was rather uneventful. I do not have any rage, I just can no longer keep up. My gaming time is spent on Sim City (now that I can get in) and a variety of pick-up-and-play games. LoL will happen from time to time. They seem to be making Assassin's Creed games quicker than I can finish them. (That had never, ever been a problem before, but I guess it happens.)

As long-time readers probably know/can guess... there were a myriad of personal reasons that really pushed me to this. It's not dissatisfaction with the game. I've had to turn a lot of my energy in upon myself to heal and rebuild things that were horribly broken. Life does that sometimes. Better to have loved and lost and all that.

In previous posts I mentioned continuing to write here. I still plan to do that. This is not a "good bye" post. I'm merely pointing out that I'm sub-free for the first time in almost a decade.

Specific to WoW, I realized that I don't have much of a desire to raid or do end-gamey stuff. I may jump back in during a boring month and muck around, but that simply depends on if time finds me. I'm no longer going to make the time. My character will be there waiting, so it seemed wise to save myself $15/mo that I really wasn't using.

Feel free to keep me in the WoW loop via comments. Otherwise, I'll probably be talking about random games. (Right now, baffling worker shortages are on my mind, for you Sim City players. What is up with that? The algorithm has to be screwed up, right? But hey, at least I can play reliably now...)

Much love to all of you that have shared Azeroth with me over the years. I'll be lurking!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you aren't going away completely!

    It just means I will have to bug you on gchat more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad, Fulgy. I cancelled my WoW sub on Tuesday night. It's not that the game was bad, it's that I hit it so hard after MoP released! I need some time away to rejuvenate. I'll get back to it at some point, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks TG! Such is the life of a gamer, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still playing! But if you're not then there is no reason to pay up. It is easy enough to change your mind later and come back.
    Random thoughts.
    Healing fist weapons? Who knew? But I got one out of LFR last night.
    Scalable raids rumor? That would be awesome.
    Rep out of LFR runs? Who knew? But I got some out of LFR last night. Enough to upgrade a crappy ring.
    Gear the priest for a raid outside my guild or level the pally for some holy healing PvP goodness? What say ye? I'm leaning towards the pally.
    Healing cloaks? Who knew? Okay, I did, but I got one out of LFR last night.
    Do you watch Justified? If not then you should. Great show.
    Why doesn't Blizz have a St. Patty's day event? Someone should write them a letter. Bullshit them by saying you unsubbed because of the lack of one. Who is a writer who could write such a thing?

    ReplyDelete