Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

2013 marks the start of the 6th year for this blog. This is also post 884. That's not a special number or anything, but boy is it a lot. 2012 was a bit of a rough year for yours truly, and my writing definitely suffered as a result. Still, I'm incredibly glad I took the plunge and opened my doors 6 years ago. I may not be as useful these days, but I'm thankful for all of you readers that have stuck with me, commented, and otherwise shared this space. I can't begin to express how much it means, especially when you're having a crappy year. One of the greatest things about the Internet (and our gaming community in particular) is the assurance that even when you feel alone... you're not.

I've met a lot of amazing people on this journey and was just taking a moment for reflection this morning. I will be back in 2013, writing about random warlockery. Though I've been quiet over the holiday break, it is not for a lack of gaming. I'm one ilevel point away from being LFR geared and dipping my toes in a bit of raiding. It was somewhat of an accomplishment for me to get back on the horse, so to speak. I've been proud in the past to be the first in the guild to cap, to be the best geared, etc etc. This time I'm coming from a whole different angle, and in some ways its eye-opening. Can you still be proud when you're the absolute last person to the party? I suppose my pride surprises me.

If you're curious and looking for a warlockerly tidbit, I'm in the midst of the Golden Lotus daily throes. I'm also doing the Operation: Shieldwall stuff, as that seems to be the best way to get geared quickly. My first exalted rep in MoP was definitely the Tillers. Go figure. But more on that as things settle back into a somewhat normal schedule. Until then, happy holidays to you and yours, thanks for reading, and pleasant corrupting in 2013!

I shard all of you.

5 comments:

  1. Your task for 2013 is to roll a shadow priest just to see how the better shadow half lives.

    /runs-n-hides

    But seriously, with my resto-druid taking over raiding duties from my disco priest, the priest is now free to go back to being shadow. Scenarios are a blast for this. Short and quick and very alt friendly.

    And happy new year! Then again, Sunday's Washington victory over Dallas for the NFC east title was far more epic! If you would have told me at the beginning of 2012 that the 'Skins would be champs of their division I would have laughed at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I don't even have time for my True Love. Also, my Malefic Grasp looks waaaay cooler than your little purple pee pee. :-p

    RGIII is pretty dang good. I, on the other hand, was forced to cheer for the Packers this last weekend, and they blew it. AP is pretty dang good, too, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devouring Plague wings with shadow ravens FTW! And the cinderkitten in shadow form, you can't touch that. Drake of the West Wind with shadow form is the ultimate ride that no mere warlock can do.

    RG3 has been amazing. Alfred Morris has been astonishing too (RB got the team record in rushing as a rookie and 6th round pick). The defense has been their undoing.
    Packers seem hit and miss this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Affliction 'locks got something cooler than just floating balls. They should like swirl around me or something. Just sayin'.

    Well, I'm a Bears fan. It was the only game I wanted the Pack to win. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh, 10-6 and you get fired. Whassupwitdat?

    I want Spriests to get a dark valkyrie glyph for something. Maybe dispersion.

    ReplyDelete