Monday, May 21, 2012

Some Random Thoughts

In what's becoming somewhat of a trend during the pre-expansion lull, my Monday will once again be the home of some random recaps from the weekend. I have some Diablo thoughts to share. I want to link to a bit of warlockery from the great Cynwise. I've not played TOR due to Diablo, so, um, nothing there. Sorry TOR. I'll be back once I bring my glass of ice water all the way through hell, which I'm suspecting a max-level monk will be able to do. I'm pretty sure that's how Diablo ends: a triumphant character, holding aloft a sweating glass of clear beverage whilst hordes of demons swoon and slobber at the sides. "In the land of the thirsty..."

Anyway, Diablo. Yeah, I wanted to share a bit about my playstyle. I've mentioned that I rolled a monk. Basically, every time I level, I've been trying the new skills I get. After somewhere around 17 levels, I find myself gravitating toward a certain playstyle and speccing to match it. I like to use the charge ability (I forget its name, it's on the 2 button) to zip in, and then unleash holy hell. I've been using sweeping strikes, as I feel like that hits everything around me the best. I also use the fiery roundhouse kick (at least that's what I count it) as my secondary ability. I have the heal on 1 (with AoE rune) and the suck-everyone-in-and-explode on 3. Though, for 3, I just got the run-around-like-the-flash-with-fists, which is vying for usage. The main perk with that one is that you go immune to damage for a few seconds. Great "oh shit" button.

Since I'm mixing it up in melee, I generally try to bring a ranged companion. Right now, it's the Scoundrel that's picking off the stragglers. Also, his blatantly loot whoring makes me laugh. The Templar is just too dull.

[Insert flashy game transition here]

I have two links I wanted to share, warlock related. I didn't have enough to say to make a full post, so I'm tacking them on here random-style.

First, Cynwise wraps up his wonderful series with a surprisingly hopeful post concerning the future of warlockery. I guess it shouldn't be surprising. Still, halting the downward slide of the class I love is no easy task. Cynwise has laid out a solid, logical path, but will the devs take it? Initial forays by 'locks into the beta (myself included) see good signs. Only release will tell the true tale, but there are definitely things to look forward to. I wanted to link and thank Cynwise for his exhaustive look into 'locks. Really great stuff.

Second, I wanted to link a new (to me at least) warlock blog. Amijade the Warlock posts over at warlockery.com. Immediate shards should be given for the site name. Furthermore, seems to be good content over there, and I mentioned that I was on the lookout for new souls as part of the whole NBI thing. This is the first warlock-specific blog I've seen. Thanks to Rivs for pointing it out. Amijade, consider yourself /followed.

That's all for today. Hope your Monday is overrun with zombies. (That would be an improvement on most Mondays, right? Especially if you're in the firearms business.)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fulguralis and Fuubar18,

    I'm not sure if you remember but about a month ago or so I sent you an email thanking you for your Killing 'Em Softly blog. I've been a follower for a long time and I had never gotten around to thanking you for doing such a great job on your site.

    I also want to thank you for the nice comments you wrote about my new blog. I really do appreciate the mention and shout-out in a post. Yes, I'm a noobie blogger, but hopefully my writing will get better as I keep trying to improve. Hrm, WTB a college grammar refresher course ftw.

    Thanks for the extra shards on the blog name as well. Sadly, rather than being able to keep them as mementos in my bags, Blizzard is now forcing us in MoP to wear them floating above our heads :(

    Keep up the great work and thanks again, you really made an old fan and a new blogger happy!

    My Best...

    Amijade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I do recall that, but I'm not sure I made the connection right away (perhaps silly of me). Either way, good to have you along and we'll look for good things in the future. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shammy dinged 85.

    Is it wrong to have nine 85s?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then I don't wanna be right!

    (Nah, I only have two max level toons. Grats though!)

    ReplyDelete