Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Path of the Aff'lock

In completing my dailies last night, I noticed I had eclipsed 150 marks for the first time. It was a momentous occasion, to be sure, and I celebrated accordingly with a super-enthusiastic: "What happens now?"

"Well, what path are you taking?" My ever-informed wife asked.

"There are paths?"  Yes, I'm with it.  "Ooooh, you mean which NPC am I going to unlock.  Got it..."

"..."

"..."

"Right, I have no idea."

Which sent me on a journey of research.  Quickly, I realized that the NPC I unlock at this point doesn't really matter.  Most guides seem to suggest the Shadow Wardens, due to faster questing, so I went with them.  Now, I have to get 150 more to open the other guys.  Happy, happy, joy, joy.

I have, however, decided upon my final destination.  When I get to the point where I choose my first NPC that actually sells stuff, I'm going with the "Moonwell" option.  Theoretically this should open some tailoring recipes for me (I'm a tailor), and there's a nice trinket we can use.

There are things to get from the other vendors, for sure, and your mileage may vary as far as usefulness of the purchased items goes.  I'll probably throw down on an armorer second, and then call the ancients last.  On my engineer DK, I'm totally going armorer first.  Otherwise, I guess we'll just see what we see.  From what I've been able to read ahead of time, I think this path makes the most sense.

10 comments:

  1. best of luck, yea im going with moonwell first because i really need an upgrade on my off had

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started phase 2 of the dailies, but plan on (ATM) going for the armorer. Don't have a tailor and so far, my off-hand is the book from halfus, so good for a little while. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I read that the Moonwell guy gives a trinket. Surely there's trinket guy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair enough.

    I've actually found the rundowns out there to be somewhat confusing. Actually, let's be honest, it's the game design that is complete confusing. There are like stages and NPCs you have to go back for an marks that you can't buy anything with but you need and a man on fire and...

    The OH won't hurt me and I'm a tailor. Even if I choose poorly, I guess I only have to wait another 5 or so days of dailies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'm doing Talon first, but it helps that I usually duo with my husband's mage for things to go quicker. Once we finally finish up Shadow Wardens, I'm leaning towards Armorer for the BS recipes and I can finally make myself a better healbot mace (not to mention, if I get more chaos orbs, make the spell dagger for my 'lock too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I recall correctly there is only one (1) tailoring recipe from the vendor, it's for a gem bag. I don't remember the various gear items from when I looked but it wasn't enough to get me excited. I'm almost revered with the Fireland rep so I'm about to get the trinket from them, but I will have to see what this other trinket you speak of to see if it's something I will replace the DMC volcano with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I may have misread and it's actually an OH. This whole "choices" thing has my head spinning. I'd rather they just offer a clear "clothie" vendor. It seems there's at least something purchasable from each one though, so I'm not sure how much it matters.

    I'm skipping the BS stuff because I'm counting on our guild BS guy to hook me up. He's a playa like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Xayíde@GurubashiJuly 18, 2011 at 3:06 PM

    Be aware that the Moonwell Chalice trinket is BiS for Demonology, even considering Heroic Firelands gear!
    I'm definitely going for that first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just for the record Moonwell Chalice is a trinket. There'd been some confusion above about OH/Trinket. I've heard that it is a pretty solid choice as well, so... yeah, that's the route I'm going.

    ReplyDelete