Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pre-Vacation Miscellanea

Larisa over at the Pink Pigtailed Inn finished up her tripartite awards ceremony today.  To me, this is the WoW-blogosphere equivalent of the Emmy's.  Or Oscar's.  Or Globe's.  I don't know the difference between those.  They all feature celebrities and red carpets and shiny objects.  And while I'm sure Larisa lays out a metaphorical red carpet and has plenty of shiny mugs available for the consumption of ale, let's not confuse our gala event with theirs.  Ours is so much classier.  I mean did you see when Tamarind stole the microphone from Chastity during the acceptance speech?

Quoth Tam: "Ima give it back to Chas real quick, but first I wanna say that Gnomeaggedon gives the best hugs of ALL TIME."  (Only, you know, less Kanye and more Austin Powers). Then someone told the poor blinkered bugger that that was the previous award.  Poor Chas.

Nah, I lied.  That didn't happen.  Or did it?

Farcical humor aside, I wanted to congratulate Larisa on another year of well presented awards.  I even netted a stellar nomination this year (nom nom nom), so I was super-psyched.  Thank you for that.  I busted out my purple crush-velvet suit for the occasion.

Really, the awards, to me, represent one of the things that make our little corner of the world special.  I'm sure there are other, more "official" blogging awards out there, but Larisa is one of the cornerstones of our community and that makes it more "real" for me.  Plus, I don't envy her the task of having to make the choice and put her opinions out there.

Good times, and now I'll awkwardly transition to the next part of this random post.

This is fair notification that Fuu and I will be on vacation next week.  Therefore, don't expect any posts.  We're flying out Saturday at dawn and will be back the following Saturday at midnight.  Should be a great break from things and hopefully we won't get stuck anywhere.  For the curious, we'll be in Cabo San Lucas, completely unplugged, drinking and laying by the pool.  First true vacation we'll have taken in almost two years now.  Weddings and houses will do that to you, I suppose.

What this means is that they'll probably drop all those Warlock changes we've been hearing about next Tuesday, and I won't be here to talk about it.  That's okay, from what I'm reading, they mostly suck anyways.  It would just be angry ranting.  So, in a nutshell, here is my take on the proposed changes:
  • Curse of Exhaustion Nerf - Who cares?
  • Demon Armor and Fel Armor no longer cost mana and last until canceled - Um, was this an issue for anyone?
  • Drain Mana has been removed from the game - Cuz it's so game-breaking and we use it constantly
  • Fear now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds - I don't PvP on my 'lock so, meh.
  • Fel Armor Health to Mana Nerf - Absolutely sucks.  Mana? We don't need no stinkin' mana.
  • Seduction (Succubus) now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds - Goes along with Fear, says I.
  • Talent Specializations
    • Affliction
      • Unstable Affliction duration Nerf - Wouldn't want to be too cool in PvP, I suppose.  Where's my offsetting mastery buff?
    • Demonology
      • Demonic Rebirth now highlights summoning spells when active - Wahoo.
      • Demon Soul: Imp redesigned. - Spaz is a pain in the ass, I don't use him.
      • Felstorm (Felguard) damage Nerf - Sucks
      • Immolation Aura damage Nerf - Sucks
      • Inferno no longer increases the radius of Hellfire, but instead increases the duration of Immolate by 6 seconds in addition to its existing effect - Uh, 'kay? It was sorta huge anyways.
      • Master Demonologist (Mastery) buff - We're really struggling to make Mastery a relavent stat, aren't we?
    • Destruction
      • Burning Embers Nerf - Sucks
      • Fiery Apocalypse (Mastery) benefit from mastery increased by approximately 8% - See Demo comment above.
      • Improved Soul Fire now increases Fire and Shadow damage done by 4/8%, rather than 7/15% spell haste. In addition, this talent has been moved to tier-3 Destruction, switching places with Aftermath - I could think of better fixes... like say just moving Emberstorm, keeping the spell haste, and tweaking it slightly so it's more like a trinket pop than something to keep up.  Maybe max 5/10% haste but stacks with Heroism effects.
      • Shadow and Flame can now proc from Incinerate in addition to Shadow Bolt - Wouldn't want to get too shadowy now, would we?
See?  Angry ranting.  And look at all the Nerfs!  I'm hoping this all doesn't go live like this.  Ugh. 

Anyways, there will be an RP post up tomorrow, and then radio silence for a week.  Unless someone wants to submit a guest post between, oh lets say, now and Friday at midnight.  In that case, I'd schedule it for next week.  Otherwise, go sit at Larisa's bar and drink until she turns into a Warlock.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Catching up on my blog reading - this is a belated thank you for the appreciation! It means a lot to me to know that the work I put into that isn't for nothing. It IS a crazy thing to even try to capture the blogosphere over a year. Hundreds and hundreds of blogs, thousands and thousands of posts... You can imagine. No matter how well you try you'll find yourself afterwards thinking: "bugger, why didn't I mention THAT blog as a candidate how could I forget"? Oh well, there's always next year. Hope to see you nominated then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, and maybe get a win this time ;-).

    ReplyDelete