Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Interview with a Warlock (and a Paladin)

Great news everyone! We got featured on Zam!  I'm pretty sure I mentioned it several weeks ago, but the article finally went up.  They did a wonderful job with it, actually reproducing the email interview in its entirety (surprising, since we were a bit mouthy).  There's a nice little blurb as well.  So I'd like to direct you over there today (especially if you are BBB, Saresa, or Nibuca... all of whom I note as early influences.  They didn't give you links, but I will, and I figure it's nice to know when you've inspired someone and see your name in unexpected e-print.  Maybe not, too). 

Link blocked for you?  Don't worry, it is for me too.  However, if you just subscribe to their feed by plopping this website in your feed reader (you can always unsubscribe later, should you wish), our article is currently the second one down.  If your reader is blocked, well then I can't help you.  Apologies for your terrible work tyrants.

(Side note: I got Patricelli right, but misspelled Chicanery.  On the fly, in email.  Go figure.  Editing and Spellcheck apparently didn't catch it either.  Apologies to Nibs.  I got the Mystic part right.  I think.) 

Feel free to leave any comments here if you've checked out the interview and want to know more.  Or if you just want to make fun of my spelling.  That's cool too.  And anyone coming for the first time via Zam: Welcome!  Watch your heads for falling fireballs. 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations, guys. :) It's so nice to see the blogging community featured like this; it's a great way to highlight some of the best and brightest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool and great job with the interview! Congrats guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. We were psyched about it too. Love opportunities like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is the wrong place to post this but starting next week we go back to leveling. All the specs and builds were built around raiding. What about a post about what spec/build might be best for leveling in Cata? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Zorch - NP and good call. I'll try to write something good before Cat drops. In the past I've based it all on my raiding spec. That is, I don't really want to completely have to redo things at 85... I want to step into raiding confidently. Additionally, I have no clue how much things like CC are going to be useful, so some of my opinions may change quite a bit through the sheer experience factor (I did not beta at all). You can expect me to touch on any key things I discover here though.

    If you want a quick and dirty solution today, I would suggest looking at my Demonology spec and starting there. I love Demonology for solo'ing/world stuff. It has great survivability and good burst, with solid utility. I will probably level in both specs, but probably the all around "most solid" choice seems to be Demonology to me. It just has a lot of tools. Though, again, heavy reliance on CC may change that.

    (This is swiftly becoming a post of it's own, isn't it? I suppose I'll end here and save a bit for a post later in the week).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ctrl+F -> "Samodean" -> No results found.

    I think something's missing from the article.

    In all seriousness, great job guys. You really do deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the delay in shouting my grats, but.... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. d'awwwww <3 congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys.

    And Samo - the problem was that I didn't know you until AFTER I started blogging. We could say you influenced better blogging though... I'd say that CYOA series helped urge me to muck around with fiction here on the site, we at least a few people seem to like, so that's good, right? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, just pulling your chain, bro.

    If anything, you guys inspired ME to be a better writer, helping pave the way to my recent work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, cross-inspiration. Sort of like cross-pollenization only less sexy.

    ReplyDelete