Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Promised Buff; 3.3.2 Live

Today's Patch Notes Update brought do you by Miss Medicina.  For avoidable damage, you're on your own.  For everything else, there's Miss Medicina.  Full patch notes are, as always, here.

As usual, I'll just cover the changes that are important to me and my classes with my own thoughts scribed to the side. Really, it's a simple patch.  Not a whole lot going on that I can see.  No DK changes.  For once a focus on Warlockery.

Warlocks
  • Talents
    • Affliction
      • Shadow Embrace: This effect can now stack up to 3 times, up from 2. However, the periodic healing reduction effect has been reduced from 3/6/9/12/15% to 2/4/6/8/10% per application. -Woot!  The promised buff!  It's true!  I can't wait to see how this helps me.
    • Demonology
      • Demonic Pact: The damage bonus granted the warlock by this talent has been increased from 1/2/3/4/5% to 2/4/6/8/10%. The buff granted to a raid or party by this talent remains unchanged. -Another buff.  I love my demonology off-spec, but it hardly sees a raid.  Still, buffs are buffs and this is a 2x bump.  Some day I will pick up the trail Abi left and post some demonology stuff on here.
    • Destruction
      • Conflagrate: The damage-over-time effect of Conflagrate has been increased to 40% of the spell’s total damage, up from 20%.-Moar DoTs?  I believe this is a buff.
      • Empowered Imp: The pet bonus damage provided by this talent has been increased to 10/20/30%, up from 5/10/15%. -A sizable bump that will no doubt make the imp the destro pet of choice.  I wonder if it'll effect other specs?
      • Improved Shadow Bolt: Damage done by Shadow Bolt increased by 2/4/6/8/10%, up from 1/2/3/4/5%.-This will buff pretty much every spec... who doesn't use ISB?  Awesome.
Items
  • New strength-based melee DPS rings are now available from representatives of the Ashen Verdict. -This is worth noting for DPS DK's.  Yay Strength.
  • Tier-9 Sets: The Aspirant vendors at the Argent Tournament grounds have worked out a deal with merchants in Dalaran so that all item level 232 set pieces will now be available on armor vendors in the city. Set pieces which require trophies will still be available for purchase only from vendors at the Argent Tournament grounds. -No more annoying traveling to the tournament grounds?  Yes, please!
  • Tier-10 Warlock 4-Piece Bonus: This bonus should now correctly be applied to the warlock’s pet. -I didn't know it was incorrectly applied and it's going to be a while before I get this, but I'd always rather things be correctly applied.  Like Topical Creams.  Don't apply those wrong.  Trust me. 

And that's it!  Like I said, pretty simple.  Straightforward buffs to Warlocks across the board.  Not too much done in the DK realm.  Now I'm really itching for my ICC raid on Thursday.  Good thing I know how to use those Topical Creams.

1 comment:

  1. How will you change your opening rotation with 3 stacks of Shadow Embrace? Haunt>SB>SB>rest of the dots?

    ReplyDelete