Monday, February 1, 2010

/Jawclench

I don't have a whole lot to say today as my brain seems not to be cooperating with rational thought. Sometimes that happens when you spend the weekend with the family. You know, emotional overload and all that.  Of course, it didn't help any to my emotional overload to come in this morning and read Ratshag's little OOC post.  /jawclench.

Because that's what guys do when something's emotional, right?  /jawclench.  And this story really hits home for me.  I mean, I was there for the raid for the cure, and I had my own reasons to be there (didn't everyone?).  Like most of you, I never knew there was a connection between that story and Ratshag's.  How cool to see the threads of fate intertwined in such a way though, and all because of a silly little game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  For all those folks who cry "it's just a game", it's stories like these that give hope to a world that desperately needs it.  Great things can happen anywhere and on any scale, WoW is just one of the many mediums that hope chooses.  Games can be vessels of bigger things just as easily as anything else.  The fact that we're all on this ride together is what makes it so cool.

So I'm really glad that the Orc is back in the house.  It was sad to see him go and is equally exciting to see him back.  He's always had a really unique and entertaining take on all things WoW, so I encourage anyone who either has not been over there, or hasn't realized the place is back up and hopping, to stop in, say hi and all that jazz.

Glad to have you back Ratshag and keep fighting the good fight.  Stories like yours flesh out the this silly little game and all it's crazy characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment