Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'll Have The Fish Sandwich

Am I the only Catholic that gets a small, juvenile kick out of fish sandwiches during lent?  Yes, I'm Catholic.  For those who don't pay attention to such things, this means that today is an important day: Ash Wednesday.  The beginning of Lent.  Now, I'm not going to go all Holy Roller on you and explain stuff.  If you don't already know what Lent is and want to, Wikipedia that shit.  It's not light reading, but it might be Light reading.  The humorous point that I'm trying to get to is the method by which I usually realize Lent is coming. 

You see, around this time every year, nearly every fast food establishment begins to advertise deals on their Fish Sandwhiches.  You may have noticed this.  If you have, rest assured it is completely due to the Catholic tradition of not eating meat on Fridays (and Ash Wednesday).  I'm not going to get into the theology of it, don't worry, the point is that it's a long standing tradition that a lot of people take part in (or semi-take part in, or ignore, as the case may be).  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just a tradition, and it's heralded by Fish Ads. 

Since I'm a teenager at heart still, sitting down with my work pals and ordering the Fish Sandwich always makes me blush and giggle.  So sue me.  Life is full of little pleasures like this.  If you don't get it, or are shaking your head at my immaturity, I raise my right butt cheek and fart in your general direction.  Your father was a hamster and your mother smelled of eldiberries. 

But here I am talking about Fish Ads when I really wanted to be talking about Zombie Adds.  Different things, at least we hope so.

Since work has crit all over me this week, and house hunting doesn't help, I'm reduced to small, perhaps trivial, yet quick posts.  That or relying on my wife.  She did her duty yesterday, so today is my turn to kick out something small and fast.  Sort of like your father in the above Monty Python reference.  (How did you think you got here?).

Disjointed though this post may be, I promise I have a point.  It's a warlocky point though, so if you got this far expecting something about a Mage, I pity you.  Mostly for the Mage part.  Your alt is probably a hunter too. 

For the rest of us, there are Warlocks.  The best healing and DPSing class in the game.  Warlocks also have wonderful memories.  (Sometimes they have wonderful mammaries too, but that's something else and I won't go there today.)  If our memories serve us as our minions do, then we'll all recall after a moment the glorious days of Karazhan whereby one lucky member of the coven was asked to be on "Seed Duty" for a particular fight.  Remember it?  What was the guy's name?  (My minions don't cooperate sometimes). Behind the book case.  He summoned all those imps that we pwn'ed and borked the meters with crazy-high numbers in the thousands.  Yeah, remember when "thousands" of DPS was super-awesome?  *sigh* Those were the days. 

There's another fight like that in ICC.  Precious.  Don't look at me like that, mini-boss or mega-boss, it doesn't matter.  What matters is the raw pwnage.  I'm telling you guys, put a 'lock on Seed Duty for that fight.  Just spam Seed.  It's awesome.  You'll probably die if you don't stand near enough to the tank to benefit from the AoE threat.  Either way, it's fun and you gotta burn down those pesky zombies.  There's no time to worry about crap like "picking them up", just like when we went after Mr. Hides Behind a Bookcase in Kara.  Spam Seed and tell someone to "just heal you". 

If they don't and you die real quick, at least you can finish up your Fish Sandwich before it gets cold.  No one likes a cold Fish Sandwich.  No one.

Seed Duty.  I haz it.  (Jbelle - Just heal me).

4 comments:

  1. For years I had a boss who was Catholic and he would remind me it was Lent. /cheer

    McDonalds Fillet of Fish Fridays here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I would forget if it wasn't for the fish ads. That and, you know, attending church. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not Catholic but I LUZ fish sammiches, so this is like a personal holiday for me. $1 large coke and 2-for-$2.22 fish sammiches from McDonalds is gamer fuel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, for some reason I feel like I'm "going slummin" since like I feel sort of dirty enjoying my cheap fish sandwich, but it does scratch an itch... hopefully it doesn't leave another itch at that.

    ReplyDelete