Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ventrilo Hosting Rec

This isn't a content post or a review or anything.  This is just a quick "service announcement".  I wanted to call attention (or explain already garnered attention) to the small Host Ventrilo button that I've placed in my left hand bar (find it near the blog Azeroth stuff).  To some, it may reek of "Ad" and to an extent, it is.  I've labeled it a "recommendation" however, because that sounds better.  

Anyways, here's the deal:  I've been using Host Ventrilo to facilitate my Venting for somewhere around 4 months now.  Before that, we'd been piggy-backing on a friendly guild's vent for alliance activities.  They'd also used Host Ventrilo (for over a year) and I got the info for my own from them.  When Aion came out and I started my own guild over there, I figured I should get my own small server.  It's actually gotten quite a bit of usage, so I'm glad I did. 

Recently, they've started an Affiliate Program where they basically give you a reference ID and a nifty link so you can be rewarded for any word-of-mouth promotion you do on their behalf.  Here's the one-liner explanation from what they sent me: The HostVentrilo Affiliate Program works just like a referral service, where we reward you with 25% from each signup, just for letting your friends and family know about HostVentrilo.com!  It's quite simple, you refer someone, they click on your link, and you get some money off your next bill.  Easy enough right?  They also gave me a nice little button, which is what I put on the side.  I wanted it to be as unobtrusive as possible, because I've never tried to make money or go the ad route with my blogging hobby.  I write here because I enjoy writing.  That simple.

Still, I feel Vent is a key gaming resource and recommending a good host server to me is like pointing you at a quality resource site.  It's just a bonus that I can be rewarded for it.  So feel free to use the link, or not, if you're looking for a place to buy a vent server.  As far as my limited research shows me (asking around), Host Ventrilo is competitive in pricing and great with reliability.  It's very easy to set up, easy to get up and running, and has virtually no down time (I've never logged on to find it down or inoperable yet).  The quality is good, the client is easy to get... I mean, hey, it's Vent.

In the interest of full disclosure, I just wanted to make sure y'all know that I would, in fact, get some money if someone used that link to sign up.  That's all.  I get nothing for showing it off or writing this post.  If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to leave a comment or email.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the service annoucement! Recently, our guild has been tossing the idea of finally getting a vent server so I appreciate hearing your recommendation! I haven't been able to find a site that would give me a recommendation that wasn't the actual host server's site so this is welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad I could help. Let me know if you run into any issues if you do pursue the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SELL OUT!!!

    *grin*

    It is actually a great idea. You are so cute when you are trying to be all modest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, TY. Though I did throw humility somewhat to the wind in today's post...

    ReplyDelete