Thursday, November 12, 2009

Elemental Shaman: 29 Twink


Hello all!

You're probably wondering, "Hey Fuu, what's up with the title?"

Well, you see, when Killing'em Slowly was first conceived, it was ALL WARLOCKERY and none for all of you lesser classes. As time went on, Fulguralis & I have softened our edges and paladin goo spilled onto the page.

THE LIGHT! IT BURNS US!

Yes, thank you Golem. *cough* As I was saying, as time went on, more classes have teased us and our horizons have broadened since May of 2008.

Fulguralis with his Warlock that lead to a Tanking/DPS DK that traveled to a new game that spawned a Hot Spiritmaster babe.

I started with a Paladin that lead to a Priest that traveled to Aion that spewed out an assassin.

I, also, have a lvl 61 BM Hunter that I've played with a little recently. She was the receiver of my Recruit-a-friend levels. She went from 41-60 so I felt obligated to give her some love. The only problem that I have with her now is I've missed 20 learning lvls with her and now I have no clue what to do. She just feels alien to me (has nothing to do with her being a Draenei).

Anyways, before I go off on a massive ADD tangent(Which I think I just did), I need to tell you why I titled this post. It's probably not all that hard to guess but I've rolled a Shaman in the hopes that I can create a twink.

Now, I've pvp'ed before. I started doing it on my paladin with my tank spec but I'm not a fan. Finally when I got dual-spec, I figured an LOLRet would be much more exciting since everyone talks about how OP they are in pvp. Again, I was swearing at my screen more than I would have liked. Abigora made me realize that it was possible to enjoy pvp, just not the melee part of it. I started running her as Shadow when I was lvling and Fear bombs just made me laugh. I've found that I get more Honor points when I run disc spec and feel that I have MUCH more control over the situation as long as I have a DPS to protect me. I also found that more people stick by my side when I'm a healer verse just another DPS in the mix.

Anyways!!!!!!

Since I've achieved my goal of getting Abi to 80 & have her geared enough to raid, I have TONS of "gaming" free time. WoW has so much to offer as long as you're creative and willing to learn.

So, here's what I'm doing. I rolled a shammy and stripped my hunter of her BoA gear. She had the +haste trinket and the XP shoulders. It was the leather/mail AP ones. Since my goal is to create an Elemental Shaman, those wont really do will they. I understand that there are PvP BoA gear out there that would be perfect for this. I poked around at the Wintergrasp Vendors and sure enough, there they were. Selling for those STUPID Shards that drop when the Alliance owns Wintergrasp. Mother of God! The alliance SUCK at pvp on our Server. I've been running heroics like crazy on Abi and I have a whole WHOPPING 100. One BoA piece goes for 200-250 Shards... Well neat. I could potentially buy the PvE caster leather for her but this is a twink damn it! I want to make an actual twink not half ass this.

Goal:

BoA PvP Gear that is accessible to me:
-Shoulders (Caster Leather/Mail)
-Chest (caster Leather/Mail)
-Weapon (Shamans Dual wield at 40, so that's out of the question) maybe a staff? or should I try for the sword & board style? We shall see what gives me better stats.
-trinkets (I have the Haste one that when you kill someone who gives you honor or XP, it gives you some health back. That sounds pretty useful)(The other one should be something a long the lines of getting out of CC)

Then I'll just have to start running Warsong Gulch's until my eyes bleed when I hit 11. I have no clue what an 11 Elemental Shaman (well, with 2 talent points, I'm not sure I can be called that) would do in there. Probably just die... A TON. I only plan to run PvE content if it gets me gear that I can use. I'm going to take full advantage of the XP in Battlegrounds to get me from 11-29.

Why lvl 29 you ask? Well, I've heard that elemental shamans, and shamans in general, really blossom at the 29 bracket. When I think of twink, I think of 19 but when I started poking around on some Forums (WoWhead and Shaman blogs) there is a clear focus on the 29 bracket. Not sure why but I guess I'll find out when I get there.

I'll bet that there is a TON of info about Elemental Shaman twinks but maybe I'm too lazy or it's actually sorta hard to find it. When I start accruing Talent points, I'll allot them where I see to be the most helpful. I want to find a spec that suits my playstyle and gives me the most bang for my buck.

Ok, this is where you come in gang. I want to hear about your experiences & opinions about twinks. If you've twinked any toon, let me know which you picked and why? Are they fun or just a PITA & expensive? I would love to hear from you :)

Thanks again for all of your help!

~Fuu

Note: You're also probably wondering wtf is up with the picture added to this post. Well, I google image searched "twink" and sure enough, that popped up. I think he's from Rainbow Bright. Anyways, there you have it folks, when I think of Twinks, I'm now thinking of my Shammy flying down a rainbow dropping totems to flame your sorry asses.

5 comments:

  1. Dude. Rainbow Brite was awesome. win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the picture I think of when somebody says "twink" :D

    But my mind is always in the gutter

    ReplyDelete
  3. The argent tournament sells BOAs too; you don't have to waste emblems, everything can be done solo, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anon

    Brilliant! Thank you so much for the wonderful suggestion.

    I'll take a look over there next time I log in and see what I need to start saving up for.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 29 brackets gives is access to Cl, now insta cast AOE damage, great for BG's and frost shock, which is our main shock for pvp. Two spells don't seem much of a difference but when working them in with our rotation melee characters don't stand a chance of we see em first, jump Shammy jump!

    ReplyDelete