Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Abigora Does Healz for Bubbles


Jess over at Miss Medicina is putting together a "Webring" not to be confused with... well, I'm not gunna go there. She has kindly asked me to regurgitate some "Awesome" info. about my new Priest. She created a non-meme questionnaire for those of us who have healed before.

Here goes nothing!

What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Abigora, Disc Priest! (wants to dabble in with Shadow as well but I want to learn the ropes of healing first)

What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
I just started healing 5-mans to gear up. I went from 5-man regular runs to Heroics in about two days. Lots of upgrades & improvements with my gear/spec/rotation. I have started healing in Naxx 10-mans and I occasionally run either Disc or Shadow for Pvp because it's just a blast.

What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
Most Disc Priests would say Penance! How can you not LOVE this spell?! It shoots, it sparkles, it smacks your damaged friend in the face with a beam of heals yelling, " DON'T DIE ON ME BRO!"... Even with all of that craziness, I must admit, I love another. HOLY NOVA! ZOMG! Healing your friends while killing baddies all at the same time?! SIGN ME UP! Got zombies Chewing on your ass? Holy Nova! Are you being attacked by a swarm of killer bees? HOLY NOVA! Just want to make ba ba ba Baysplosions all over Naxx? HOLY NOVA!

What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
I wish I could use renew more. I really enjoy the spell a ton especially when I see incoming raid damage, I throw a bubble & a renew and forget about them. The only problem is, I don't have the space on my mouse pad for renew. I have my Bubbles on my thumb, Flash Heal on my pointer finger, Penance on my Middle finger, and Gheal on the other side of my mouse. Those are the most widely used spells in my arsenal and if my mouse wheel wasn't so ghetto, I could totally use that but, sadly, it was not meant to be. The only people I really use it on is myself and the tank.

What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
The Ability to prevent so much damage. Even if I'm on tank duty, I have the ability to throw bubbles around on everyone in the raid to ease the pain of the raid healer with out breaking much of a sweat. Of course we don't/wont/shouldn't be top of the healing list, but that's not where we should be. We are TOP of the Badass List :D

What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
Well, I've only had the opportunity to heal with a Holy Priest & a Druid once. Maybe it was the person behind the avatar but I felt WAY more comfortable with a Holy Priest by my side. When I'm watching the tank, I like to keep an eye on the rest of the squad to make sure I don't need to throw bubbles around. When I'm with a druid, I can't tell wtf they are doing. I know they are doing something because their limbs are flying up in the air every so often but it just doesn't seem that the raid's health got any better. Maybe they were celebrating? I don't know.

What is your worst habit as a healer?
Tunnel Vision. This can be taken in two different ways.
1) I'm so focused on what I'm healing and not paying attention to the fight and stand in the BAD or just not look on to the screen at all. This is so completely different from tanking where I never focus on any one's health only on what I can see in my screen. If I only have the pleasure of seeing a bosses crotch for 10 minutes, then I watch health or ask Fulguralis to tell me if something goes wrong. Now, I have the privilege to stare at the bosses ass, I don't sneak a peek :(
2) I'm watching everyone else's health that I completely ignore my own. This has gotten me killed a few times.

What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
When people don't do everything in their power to save themselves from death. I know tanks like the back of my hand and when they are really taking a beating, why not throw up a shield wall, lay on hands, eat that cookie, drink a health pot, etc. WTF? I know you have them! USE THEM! DPS? You have ways to do it as well, but I really don't feel bad when you die. It's your fault anyways :)

Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
I think so. I know that Priests have the largest (tool) box and can be useful in many situations. I believe that Holy Priests have much faster, stronger, and more athletic AoEs than I do but my bubbles are sexier and I'm ok with that. I also think that it's pretty neat that my spec is very good at healing in a PvP situation as well ( not that that has anything to do with this question but there you have it). Since I'm such a newb at Disc healing, I've very excited to learn more about every spell that I have in my book and using them to their full potential.

What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
If every one's alive, I call it a win. If I still have mana left, then that's a bonus. If I'm not sweating after the fight, then I'm OP ;)

What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
That Disc Priests are crappy healers.
We are mitigation healers not healing healers. If that makes any amount of sense. TBH, this is only what I've read. I've heard stories about Raid Leaders sticking it to Disc priests after the raid and telling them that they need to step it up since the Paladin out healed them by a significant amount. I do believe that Recount should really rework their calculations to show absorptions and damage avoided along with healing output.

What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
For me, it was trying to find the best way for ME to heal. I've read up on spells that I should be using the most, how "best" to keep a tank up, and how to mitigate raid damage. All of the resources that I've read have given me a great start but they weren't working until I figured out how I enjoy doing it.

If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of over healing, low healing output, etc)?
Not sure. I've never used Recount yet on my Disc. I can take a guess and say pretty low on the output and quite a bit of over heals. I think that I get nervous when I'm healing the tank and over heal them quite a lot especially with Penance. Once I get used to working with specific tanks, I can predict what kind of damage they will take and my over heals will go down. I believe my output will be low because of my reasoning above. I bubble a lot so I don't have to cast a ton of Flash heals.

Haste or Crit and why?
I prefer balance overall as well. If I had to choose though, I think I would pick Crit. I eat crit for breakfast! Ummm, that doesn't sound right :( What's better than our green numbers flying all over the place? BIGGER GREEN NUMBERS!

What healing class do you feel you understand least?
All of them I guess. I get the jest of what they all can do but I really don't "Know" them all that well. Trees are Hot, Discs mitigate, Holy does everything forever, Paladins spam, and Shammies do it with totems.

What add-ons do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
I use Healbot mainly. I also have grid to watch a bigger raid and have that set up for switching my focus easily. I'm slowly tweaking my set up to make it work for me but I don't want to change everything around so fast that it's not productive.

Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
Right now, I'm really working on replacing my questing blues & greens with heroic, emblem, and raiding gear. The two major stats that I'm primarily focusing on is SP & Crit. These two spells make my heals bigger & my bubbles stronger. Obviously, I wouldn't turn down an upgrade that has haste on it, but right now, Haste really makes me OOM faster that I can say Penance. Once I finally have my gear replaced, I'll be focusing on more of a balanced look so that I can have the output & the longevity for any Raiding environment.

Welp, there you have it! The ugly truth about Abigora the fresh lvl 80 nooblet romping the plains of Naxx.

This is the part where I'm suppose to link someone I know who heals and that should be different from my Main spec but... I've been reading up on so much Priesting (especially Disc) that that's all the blogs that I know.

- Amber over at I Like Bubbles is a great read & just fun all around. She's a Disc Priest who loves to rant. She also has some guides that are quite helpful for the common raider & her fellow Priests.

- Divine Aegis also is a Disc Priest who has some AWESOME L2Discipline Guides

- Penance Priest is not for the beginner Disciple Priests. He (I think the blogger is a He) does some wonderful Theory Crafting on Stats. If you're looking to really dig into your class, I suggest going here.

Sorry for the Druids, Paladins, and Shammies out there who were not represented in this shout out. Maybe try more Neon Lights? Or a Laser Light show?

~ Fuu/ Abigora

10 comments:

  1. Ok, Fuu I have to say I was crying a bit about your sadness with the tree healz. I am determined to heal a ten man with you to put you at ease with trees. I really think it is hard for other healers to be patient with druids HoTs, they aren't instant heals they take time, so just be patient, and let them do their assignment if their assignment dies then that is a bad tree.
    I am excited about your new healer and I def. want to heal with you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Dont cry :(

    I was just poking fun! TBH, I've only ever healed with a tree once and we survived for quite a while when we had TONS of raid wide damage. This Tree was new and they will learn how to heal quite well. I just like having Jess on the wings when shit hits the fan :)

    No worries Kelly! I promise to not hold a stereotype against the overgrown bush that wears a necklace.

    PS: You better keep your promise about healing with me :D I would really enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thats so funny... i was just coming over to say "ooooooo you're gonna make Kelly mad!" but kelly said she doesn't like healing with Holy Priests so POO! XD

    Since the tree with whom she was healing is my very own fiance, I wouldn't be surprised if he really WAS just standing there flailing his arms about.. with me in the background yelling "WHY ARE THERE NO HOTS ON THE TANK" and him responding "STOP LOOKING AT PEOPLE'S HEALTH BARS, YOU'RE DPS NOW AND THATS NOT FAIR". I imagine it's not unlike when Ful tries to tank with you in the group, fuu, haha.

    DPSers, sigh.

    Okay, adding this post to my list. Don't forget to go to the bloggers you tagged and make sure they know you tagged them! WATER IT AND MAKE IT GROOOOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. "First you plant the seed, and then you f*%& the plant."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chinese proverb say: For Bubble plus Renew combo, macro make two button one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owwww! Make it for me! That would make a world of difference for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penance is by far my favorite healing spell for my Disc Priest. I stack crit like mad to get Divine Aegis procs off of everything I can.

    But, alas, I'm a sellout and heal as a Resto Druid now =X.

    -Abi/Sammich

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jess, I said holy priests are my favorite class to heal with. Just that they have annoyed me a bit lately lol. I just ran into some bad seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the plug! I'm glad my L2Disc guide is proving helpful.

    ReplyDelete