Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wi not trei a holiday in Sweden this yer?

Hope your Labor Day was wonderful. I spent mine on a booze cruise where we tie some tubes to a boat filled with coolers and float down a river. It was actually really cold and I got really drunk as a result of trying to stem the coldness. Always a good decision...

In any case, I wasn't in a condition or location to facilitate writing yesterday, hence no post. Apologies. In retrospect, I don't have a whole lot to report on anyways, so here's the cliff notes version...

  • Just did BGs and dailies this week, nothing too exciting, was mostly busy with RL stuff.
  • I'm raiding tonight. Still Uld. Not too much new in the department.
  • Apparently the strategy in the new BG has shifted from paratroopering in to taking the docks and workshop. Probably a good thing as you get a decent siege going.
  • Those cannons in the new BG are pretty OP. You can like three whack people... or get three whacked. Good times.
  • Noonish on Saturday is a good time to pwn face at PvP. I think mostly kids are playing and they spend more time trying to come up with clever racially/sexually suggestive or just blatanly offensive lines than they do playing.
  • By kids I mean, people who act immature and suck at playing. I suppose the fact that I attribute this to a younger demographic shows my age prejudice. Point being, I know some 13 year olds that are more mature than 45 year olds. That's a whole 'nother post tho.
  • If you type "reported" after every thing one of said "kids" says... you're that guy. Srsly, we all know you're not actually reporting everything these idiots say. And if you are, kudos to you for trying to make the world a better place. I just /ignore.
  • All evil needs to win is for good people to do nothing. That's a quote from somewhere. I just demonstrated my fail at understanding and implementing it. Double kudos to the report guy. Also, I'm evil.
  • I've totally sidetracked myself on stupid crap.
  • A moose once bit my sister...
  • We apologize for the lack of focus in this posting. Those responsible for this posting have been sacked.
  • Aion open beta started, we got to level five. We're playing with Mr. Spooner. If you're looking for a place to play, check out his post here.
  • We only got to level five because I tried to go to bed early (rez sickness from the day before, long debuff, trust me).
  • Little known fact, drinking actually lowers your body temperature. Thus, though you *feel* warmer, you're actually colder. It's all relative, man.
  • There's a say about "the hair of the dog that bit you", I'm debating it's wisdom.
  • Mynd you, moose bites can be pretty nasti...
  • We apologize again for the lack of focus. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked. - "Ralph" the wonder llama.
¡Hasta!

(Referential humor pilfered from Monty Python and the Holy Grail opening credits. Why? 'Cuz why the f@#$ not.)

6 comments:

  1. Oh & to add to the randomness:

    I have a bruise on my arm that is mysteriously shaped like the bottom of a beer can & half of the skin on my thumb is missing.

    Blame it on the ah ah ah ah ah ah alcohol baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have this crazy desire to respond to each of your bulleted points.

    @reporting - Yeah. I don't get *that* guy. Seriously, just report the dude and move on. You don't have to announce it. "I told mommy." I report people often enough, but mostly it's spam. I don't announce it. The other thing I report is people being really over the top about someone's sexuality. You know those guys... the "fag" throwers who then go into great detail and blah blah... I *really* don't like that, and it's against ToS, so there.

    p.s. are you feeling as unpumped about ulduar as i am? sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just feel like crap period... thus disjointed rantings. I may be comatose by the time of the Ulduar raid... though we signed up because it was the one you were signed up for. At least we know we'll have some fun :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We apologize for the lack of focus in this posting. Those responsible for this posting have been sacked."

    And they too, have been sacked, yes?

    All it was missing was llamas... :P

    And I'm glad you guys joined us in Aion :D

    ReplyDelete