Tuesday, June 2, 2009

In Which I Dance Around The Issue

If you haven't heard of the Ferarro controversy by now, you're probably not a compulsive work blogger/reader like the rest of us. The story is fraught with deceptive plot turns and tabloid like revelations. It's really a WoW-blog-community drama at its finest, reaching even into the upper echelons of the blogosphere. For my part, I just find it mildly interesting. I neither read the blog before, nor after the scandal. Fuu may have been there once or twice, but she tends to stick to what she knows and I just have to say it wasn't on our radar until now.

If you're still in the dark, yet curious as to what the hell I'm talking about, Matticus does a great and mostly impartial job of showing the "timeline" of events.

Like I said, interesting stuff. The only part that really concerns me is the potential pilfering of work that is not your own. To me, that's a big no-no. I don't care if you're operating under false pretenses, just do your own work. We strive very hard at KeS to come up with our own, original material. Even when regurgitating things like patch notes or linking other's posts, I try very hard to come up with something to add and make sure to give credit where credit is due. If you ever find an example on here otherwise, please let me know because it probably means I was drug-blogging again. I never had a problem with drunk dialing, but give me a laptop and some beer and all bets are off.

I digress.

The sad part about all this drama is that I'm sure the community in general and several blogs in specific might have lost a fair amount of "street cred". It's always sad when something negative happens in a community one loves. Where does the blame truly lie? Is it wrong to write under a collective pen name? Does the Loch Ness monster really exist? All this and more at 11.

Or rather, decide for yourself.

I, for one, can assure you that we are who we say we are, like many of the other bloggers out there. I am one man, Fuu is one woman, and when our powers combine...

Okay, trust me that you probably don't want to share vent with us much less be in the same room. We're creepy. Like complete each other's sentences creepy. We often inadvertently dress in matching clothes. That isn't to say I wear her dresses (often), but that she'll walk out of the closet, look at me, and go: "WTF, you're wearing THAT? One of us is going to have to change". But we don't. Because we're puke cute like that. And we're lazy. Collectively lazy. Like, not going to get up and push the button on the TV lazy. That, and perpetually late.

And this has been another edition of "get-to-know-your-blogger-when-he-goes-totally-off-topic-during-a-post-with-TMI". Apologies.

The real important thing to take from all this is that Jagoex of Warlock Therapy and blogger extraordinaire has returned to the scene. This is important to me because his blog was really the first Warlock blog I ever found/read way back when. You could say it has sort of sentimental value to me in that I was greatly saddened when he was hacked and decided to disappear for a bit. I can't say that I care much about the paladin shenanigans, but I do expect great 'lock advice to start springing up over there as he cranks back up, so stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. To be honest, Ferraro's blog was pretty much unknown to me until it became a scandal... and to be even more honest, I only cared because I gathered he/she/it had posted pictures of a cute girl as the author, so I looked around to see how cute. That was the extent of my caring.

    I'm a bad person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I'm in a fairly similar boat, though it has caused quite a stir. I just felt I needed to say *something* instead of ignoring the elephant in the room. It's sad because the content does appear to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who notices an elephant in a large dark room until it raises a stink or makes a sound?
    -Nightzbane

    ReplyDelete
  4. If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it does it make a sound?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We often inadvertently dress in matching clothes. That isn't to say I wear her dresses (often), but that she'll walk out of the closet, look at me, and go: "WTF, you're wearing THAT? One of us is going to have to change".


    xD omg. Do you have any idea how many times Sideshow and I have looked at each other after getting dressed only to realize we're both wearing the same tour shirt? >.>

    Which is why we've tried to buy different ones... but still.

    ReplyDelete