Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Patch Day!

I'm so behind in my reading it's sad. I'm temporarily laid off for the week, which means 50% pay and all the free time I can handle. However, it also means I've been running around doing all the crap we're behind on. Thus, I've been traveling the last few days and not had the time to keep up on my blogs or even play. That's why Fuu's been helping me out because she's been working as usual. I'll be gone Friday and Monday as well, so don't expect any posts those days unless I can crank one out early and/or Fuu helps me out.

That being said, you're getting a two for Tuesday today as I wanted to post the 3.1.2 patch notes real quick and my scant thoughts on them. So, here's the few that may interest us...

General
* Equipment Manager
o When enabled from the Interface Options menu, this feature will allow players to store sets of equipment, easily swap between saved sets using hotkeys, and pull items directly from backpacks or bank slots (must be at the bank to equip inventory from the bank).
* New art textures have been added for Argent Tournament mounts. Any mounts already purchased from the Argent Tournament vendors will be updated automatically. Argent Tournament mounts with the old textures will still be available for purchase from the Argent Tournament vendors for a small Champion's Seal and gold cost (standard faction requirements apply).

Warlocks
* Conflagrate updated: Consumes an Immolate or Shadowflame effect on the enemy target to instantly deal damage equal to 12 seconds of your Immolate, or 8 seconds of your Shadowflame.
* Fire and Brimstone: Now increases the damage done by your Incinerate and Chaos Bolt by 3/6/9/12/15% on targets afflicted by Immolate, and increases the critical strike chance of your Conflagrate by 5/10/15/20/25%. In addition, the increased critical strike chance of Conflagrate provided by this talent no longer requires the Immolate effect to have 5 seconds or fewer remaining on the target.
* Nether Protection reduced to 30% damage reduction, down from 60%.
* Sacrifice (Voidwalker) redesigned: Sacrifices a portion of the Voidwalker's health, giving its master a shield that will absorb X damage for 30 seconds. While the shield holds, spell casting will not be interrupted by damage. 1-minute cooldown.
* Shadow and Flame: Now also includes Shadowburn.

Death Knights
* Improved Death Strike: This talent now also increases the healing from Death Strike by 25/50% and the tooltip has been adjusted to reflect the actual functionality after the hotfix in 3.1.0.
* Ghoul Frenzy: Now has a 10-second cooldown.

Other
10-player bosses that drop Runed Orbs will also sometimes drop the recipes that use those orbs.

As far as Affliction Warlocks and Frost DPS DK's are concerned, none of this really changes how we play. So far, I'm still using Outfitter, though the Equipment manager is cool, it's not as nice as the addon I think. It just basically appears to allow you to save full sets of equipment in a pretty boring manner. I can't really tell the difference between the mounts, but maybe I'm just blind. Patterns dropping off of 10-man bosses? Sweet.

That's about it for this edition of boring patch update. I guess no news is good news for our classes...

2 comments:

  1. Who else has always been jealous of their priest alt having a shield that would prevent damage and interrupts in casting time?

    /Jealous no more?

    I know for one thing, I am interesting in pulling out my VW for the first time in WotLK to see.
    -Nightzbane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not sure how I might use that. The obvious would be to help in PvP, but for PvE? I can't imagine it'd help me out in a raid environment much...

    ReplyDelete