Friday, April 10, 2009

3.1 Toon Preview Brought To You By Fear.Win

Abi has questions... we've got answers...

For Fulguralis:
  1. What spec are you currently? - Let me look... oh right, Affliction. Deep Affliction. To the tune of 63/0/8. I picked up only Bane and Cataclysm in the Destro tree for the obvious benefits. Other than that... straight affliction baby.
  2. How long have you used this spec and why did you choose it? - I've been Affliction since day one, almost a year and half ago now. I love my spec, no doubt about it. I'd have to say it was fate. When leveling, those talents just appealed to me, so I put the points there. Since then, I've tried other classes and specs and just never liked any of them as much.
  3. What are you most unhappy with in your current spec? - Like most aff'locks, I get upset that my DPS takes such a large hit from any interruption due to its complexity. However, I don't want to QQ to the extent that we lose our identity, since the complexity is part of what I like about it. It's a double edged dagger and we'll see how it turns out in 3.1. I also wish I didn't feel so useless on short lived trash. I'd love to have a bursty AoE like an arcane explosion only totally full of shadow and win.
  4. What spec will you be taking in 3.1? - I will be going with the same one. I was Affliction when it wasn't cool, I will always be Affliction.
  5. If you plan on dual speccing, what will be your offspec? - I'm going to muck around with a Meta/Ruin spec for PvP and perhaps PvE trash fun. Mostly I just want to be able to turn into a demon to scare people before I get clothie squished in BG's and such. I want to dual spec just to be able to play with my "non-raid" spec.
For Decedereful:
  1. What spec are you currently? - Frost, 18/53/0. I love the bursty AoE damage of Howling Blast and the simplicity of the spec. Plus I feel like I have a lot of utility in a PvP environment as a DK in general, but also with my Frost talents. I also picked up some of the useful Blood ones.
  2. How long have you used this spec and why did you choose it? - I changed from Blood about two levels before 80 because I had tried out a Frost spec on another server and loved it. I may go back to Blood after the patch (it may ruin my Frost build), as I really liked that spec too.
  3. What are you most unhappy with in your current spec? - Not too much, it's a great facerolling spec that allows me to do damage far above my gear level. I'm sure that's why it is getting nerfed in 3.1. I guess we'll see.
  4. What spec will you be taking in 3.1? - I'm going to try to salvage some sort of Howling Blast inclusive Frost spec first, then maybe go to Blood if its completely borked.
  5. If you plan on dual speccing, what will be your offspec? - I'll probably set up a tanking build for the utility aspect.

1 comment:

  1. ZOMG no Ruin in your build? *le gasp*!

    I wish I could check out Affliction on a training dummy but without them getting to the 25% mark there is no way to test the true potential.

    Protip: Don't pop Meta around a Priest or Paladin >.>

    It's quite embarrassing.

    (If you get duplicate comments, I'm getting a java error every time I try to reply)

    ReplyDelete