I usually try to post earlier in the day, since I figure most people like to read around lunch time. However, today's post is coming to you later, complete with wowHead links because I needed to actually do some research for it. As I've said before, work firewalls prevent me from visiting research sites, so this necessitated a later posting time. Apologies if you were disappointed on your lunch break today.
With that said, I felt it was time for an update on the Glyphs I'm employing on both my Warlock on and my Death Knight. As I start to prepare for raiding, I'm finding it is becoming important to make sure my glyphs are appropriately applied. My old post on the subject can be found here, if you are interested in my original thoughts for why I chose what I did.
Okay, now that you've read the preamble, here's the list:
- Glyph of Corruption - Same as before
- Glyph of Shadowbolt - I'd like to switch out for Glyph of SL, gotta find someone to make it
- Glyph of Unstable Affliction - Chosen because it helps keep my rotation clean.
- Glyph of Drain Soul - Not all that useful, but what else to put here?
- Glyph of Unending Breath - Meh, semi-useful.
- Glyph of Souls - Gonna be raid useful me'thinks.
The caveat here is that I have not raided with my DK and may never end up raiding with her. I choose most of theses glyphs for solo surviveability and fun. Also, I wanted to be able to help out with the healing aspect of a group as we're normally okay for tanks but short on healers. I've found a blood DK can be a band-aid to a half-a$$ heal solution if done right. For a better list of DK glyphs and choice, see Skeleton Jack's posting here (though he is talking more about PvP, I like his list).
- Glyph of Rune Tap - I like to heal my party currently, would drop when raiding probably.
- Glyph of Frost Strike - Since I always start with this attack, I figured why not.
- Not in yet: Glyph of Vampiric Blood - Also cuz I like the heals but not really raid worthy.
- Glyph of Horn of Winter - I use this a bunch, so its sweet for a minor glyph
- Glyph of Blood Tap - I don't really use this, but it was given to me
- Not in yet: Glyph of Corpse Explosion - I plan to pick up this talent on my way to 80, then I will pop this bad boy in.
Now, off to raid! (finally)
And raid we did, pulling together a 25-man VA and 10-man OS (I'm not exactly sure how to spell what they stand for yet, because they're long names, so I'll just stick with the acronyms). After a few rough tries we succeeded at the DPS-check boss in VA... his 5 minute enrage timer makes it rough, but we did it. OS was not so lucky, as we couldn't beat the final boss before it was bed time. Still, it was very good to be back in the saddle even though my DPS was crap. Also, I think my xPerl got glitchy in the 25 man, appearing to drop some of my DoTs off the boss. I'm not sure what was going on. I hope they fix that immolate bug soon too because I'm still using it despite my better judgement (I've been too lazy to edit my macro).