Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day... or Patch Day?

Well, I did my civic duty and voted, then wanted to avoid the frenzy and play a game. But alas! The servers are down (oh, and when they come up, block the general channels for a week or so, trust me on this). Shucks, guess I'll have to write a post or two, so here is what I came up with (with another to follow tomorrow):

A couple Affliction Warlock related changes from Tuesday's patch are worth noting:
  • The epic ground mount is now available on the trainer at level 61, requiring 150 riding skill, and the non-epic mount learned.
  • Drain Soul: Rank 6 now properly deals additional damage to targets below 25% health.
  • Shadow Mastery: Increased the shadow damage bonus.
  • Shadow Embrace: Now works on ranks 1-4 and stacks properly with multiple applications.
  • Glyph of Souls no longer removes soul shard cost. It instead reduces the mana cost of your Ritual of Souls spell by 70%.
Similar to the Druid community mourning the loss of the swift flight form quest chain, old timer Warlocks should feel saddened by the removal of the Dreadsteed quest requirement. The quest will still be there to do, but will not be required to get your mount. The quest does allow you to get the steed a level earlier, however. I suppose it is for the best, but, having just run a guildy through this quest last night, I, for one, will miss Jeevee's antics.

The middle three points are all part of the buffs that were promised to us. Good stuff, I'll take buffs.

The change to Glyph of Souls will probably NOT make me want to use it. I mean, its not like we use it in combat, so why is mana even an issue? With all the ways Warlocks have of restoring mana, low mana is NOT one of our problems. Especially out of combat. *shrug*.

Cookies anyone?

Want this post in song? Check out a great post here.

5 comments:

  1. The Glyph of Souls change is an annoyance, to be sure. Ghostcrawler says it was changed in advance of a change to Soul Shards that's supposed to make them ... I don't know, more useful? More palatable? Less annoying? Who knows. It's not coming for a few patches, though.

    Why that means we can't have the good Glyph of Souls now is beyond me. Their priorities seem to be "nerf quickly now, fix slowly later," which is annoying for anyone trying to play in this pre-Wrath period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I loved your song, hope you don't mind that I linked it :-). It was ironic (or something) because you posted just as I was writing mine, so I was "in the mood" as they say.

    Here's hopin that what they've got cookin is good enough to justify this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that throws any chance of me using Glyph of Souls out the window. Who cares about a reduced mana cost to something that is used out of combat anyway?

    I also agree with Stop that they seem to be nerfing hard now and slowly fixing it. Not a great idea, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No QQ'ing about nerfing you crazy locks..... Welcome to my world of Paladin OP->Nerf->OP-> lolret-> worthless tank-> "Fuu take the adds"

    lol sorry

    /vent off

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, any time they nerf hard and then slowly fix it can be frustrating. Especially when you don't really know whats coming. I guess the upside is it whittles down the players in said classes to those who are passionate about the class/tree itself.

    ReplyDelete